Status for new free users of Membership 2

Hi

I have several free Standard Memberships. When a user registers in one of these memberships, the plugin gives him access to documents of that membership group. I need that the status of that user when he is register to be "Deactivated (no access)" instead of activated. I would change the user status manually to "Activated" in All members section. Is there any hook or filter to assign "Deactivated (no access)" status to new users?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Javier,

I hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

Just to make sure that we're on the same side here:

- there are several free memberships on your site
    - users are able to signup for these memberships
    - you'd like the default status for these (selected) memberships to be "Deactivated"
    - so you'd be able to manually change it to active then based on your decision

Am I correct?

Currently, such a workflow is not possible with Membership 2 Pro "out of the box", however I agree it would make a great feature, therefore I'm moving this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea, giving our developers an incentive to put it on development roadmap. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though.

That said, I can think of two "workaround" solutions here.

1. One option would be to "hold" all user registration for moderation. The workflow would be like this: user registers for your site (regardless which membership was selected) but is not activated; You then can review all registrations and activate selected users. Users will not be able to make any use of their registration/membership until activated by you. This plugin should be of help here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/

2. Another option would be a custom coded "add-on" plugin/function that would use Membership 2 Pro API. A combination of core WP hooks with Membership 2 API functions should be able to automatically change membership status to "deactivated" upon signup for selected memberships. This however would require a custom coding work which is beyond the scope of this forum.

The Membership 2 API documentation is available in your site's dashboard ("Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs") and you may want to ask a question on custom development on our "Jobs & Pros" job board here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Please note that we (as in "All WPMU DEV staff members") are not allowed to respond/advise/work on job board!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.