Status On Future Of Thsi Plugin?

Team WPMU,

This plugin has been in sore need of updates for years, with many features requested by the community but little action by WPMU.

This plugin has gotten more attention lately due to the release of Hustle, where many of your users have asked about it. And, well, I guess I'm one of them.

What is your intention with the Newsletter Plugin? Are you going to update it or is it going to remain "fallow"?

If updating, what do you intend to do? Improve auto-response? Drip/Schedule Email? Change the creation interface? Improve analytics? Sending limit rules? Pro-Sites and Membership integration?

I'm happy to work with WPMU on improving this plugin -- we've used several mailer plugins on ThirdScribe over the years, including this one, and I have a lot of lessons learned to pass on. But, if worrying over this plugin is a waste of my time, please let me (and the community) know and mark it as something you will no longer be supporting.

• Jude

Hey jetmac

Hope all is well with you !

The features you have listed are not exactly on priority for the plugin currently. That however can change if lots of members like yourself request it, thats the only way the powers that be will consider adding those.

That said the current plugin itself is fully supported, we will fix bugs, plug security holes, keep it updated for each upcoming version of WP etc.

So the short answer is no, we may not add a bunch of features unless they gain a lot of traction with members but we will continue to support and update the plugin and keep it functional.

Hope that clarifies

Jude

• jetmac

Jude ,

Members have been asking for these features for so long (over 4 years) that they've stopped asking and moved on.

The newsletter business continues to evolve while this plugin sits in the digital version of the stone age, but that is with WPMU's choice, not member requests. These features have been requested, it's just everyone got tired of being told "no" and gone to MailPoet or some other newsletter platform.

Tens of thousands have downloaded this plugin over the years to at least try, but now it's so abandoned it's own parent company thinks so little of it that their new email list builder plugin, Hustle, doesn't even work with it.

Don't put the lack of interest in this plugin on the members. If the features aren't there, no one will use it. I got tired of requesting you update it, so moved on to another tool. But, I'd still rather have one that works from the plugin shop I'm paying, than have to pay for and integrate yet another tool and license.

This plugin won't ever match MailChimp, but it could certainly rival MailPoet and that's all I need.

Maybe one day you guys will invest in the tool.

But, I have to say, the continued indifference to these once premier plugins is what makes me leery of any new offerings you release.

• Luís

Hi jetmac ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

I agree that some new features to e-Newsletter would be great for the plugin's project and for the users.

Also, I would like to see an integration with the new Hustle plugin and hope that it should be considered for the next updates.

The community feedback is very important to us and as my teammate Jude mentioned, all the requests are taken into consideration, but we cannot sure that the features you mentioned will be implemented and any ETA. Hope you understand!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.