Status Plugin – Adding Post from backend doesn't display in status feed.

I’ve added a post from the backend, but doesn’t seem to display in the status plugin update widget on the front end.

I’m wanting to add via Posts > Add New

Or do I have to use the status front-end update section.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @robin, I hope you’re well today!

I just tried this on my own installation without any issues…

The only difference is that when using the Status plugin you can see the post immediately, while using the dashboard you will have to refresh your screen, that’s all.

Does it now work for you?

Can you please post a link to your website so that we may see this in action?

Please advise,

Ari.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Robin,

At this time, per our conversation on the other thread, using Posts > Add New is only to create blog posts, not Status messages. If you’d like to change that, it will require a fairly extensive bit of custom code.

I see where the confusion is coming from, since a status is technically a post (or a custom post type), it makes sense that “Add New Post” might work. Status actually ties into the same actions, but, at this point, I think trying to change the behavior of that part of WordPress core will cause a cascade of troubles.

You mentioned that this was urgently needed in your other thread, what features of Add New Post do you want to be a part of Status? We might be able to add a WYSIWYG text editor, for example.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.