Status Plugin does not post status – Nor does it let contributers submit a post

Tried your Status plugin and it did nothing for me at all. First, I had to write custom css so that the widget would show full width, since there is no shortcode to use to add it to a single page. Next, I was unable to submit a status at all. Submit the status, click post, and nothing – just comes back to the input box.

Next, I opted in for contributers to be able to post status.

Sure would be nice if there was an option to let them post without having to review the post. I was trying to create a sort of Facebook on my site for members, locking down the page with Member Pro 2.

Anyway, didnt matter WHAT I wanted to do – it would not post anything.

Yes. I disabled ALL plugins except the status plugin – still no dice.

Although when I did this, it DID show up for contributers

But, still would not post.

And it seems odd that I have a plugin installed that stalls your plugins ( I had to disable all my plugins in order to use the import/export for coursepress) since 98% of the plugins I have installed are WPMUDEVs!!

Anyway. Can’t get this plugin to work. Uuugh.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Deryk,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues getting Status plugin to work, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

And it seems odd that I have a plugin installed that stalls your plugins ( I had to disable all my plugins in order to use the import/export for coursepress) since 98% of the plugins I have installed are WPMUDEVs!!

I’m not sure that I understand this part completely, are you saying that with all the WPMUDEV plugins you have installed and active the CoursePress export/import is refusing to work properly so you had to disable them to perform this task?

If that’s the case could you please start a new thread about this issue so we can deal with it separately and see what might be going on?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Deryk,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at the linked page and the status is actually being created properly, the thing here is that with Status plugin your statuses are being created as posts, if you go to WP admin section and check your posts you will see status posts there.

Since these are posts they need to be listed somewhere, but I don’t see blog or similar page on your site.

The widget you’re using is only for posting status, it doesn’t list them as well.

Contributors don’t have enough permissions to post directly and their posts need to be review first by admin or editor user.

If you’re looking for more of a Facebook type setup where each user can post status to his own profile you may want to check out BuddyPress.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.