Status Plugin Help - FAO Adam Czajczyk

Forum thread for help with styling. Many thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Adam!

Thanks for granting access.

The reason the code wasn't working was that that already existing CSS in "Appearance -> Custom CSS" box wasn't "closed" with } character. I corrected it, flushed cache and now the custom code that I shared with your during out chat is applied to the site.

As for further changes. I'll be happy to help you more with this. It would be great however if you could share some suggestions on what would you wish to achieve. I could "go creative" myself but I think it'd be better to establish some kind of "common ground/vision" before :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Wallis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam, thanks very much for that.

What I'd ideally like is that the headings are in H1. For the body text to be in the standard font and for the links to be a smaller font. Ideally I'd like the images to be displayed a bit bigger and possibly centered across the width of the text but it's not a big deal if it can't. I'd really like if possible some kind of thin border around the posts to differentiate them from each other and possible the time and date it was posted in small writing if that is possible. I'd like it to feel as much like the news feed as possible really like on facebook.

Does that give you enough to go on?

Thanks alot for your help!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Adam!

Thank you for this description, that gives me some "vision" so I think I'll be able to help you a bit with this.

I noticed however that the page we were working on recently is no longer available on your site and I'm not quite sure now were should I look for those statuses to be tweaked/styled on your site. I realize I may be missing something very obvious here but could you point me to the page(s) with which I should work?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Adam Wallis,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I just went ahead and added some CSS rules in Appearance -> Custom CSS

/* WPMU DEV Support Staff - start */
    .wdqs_widget_status_body h1 {
      font-size: 32px;
      text-align: left !important;
    }
    .wdqs_widget_status_body {
      font-family: Raleway;
    }
    .wdqs_widget_status_body .wdqs-thumbnail-container,
    .wdqs_widget_status_body .wdqs-text-container {
      width: 50%;
    }
    .wdqs_widget_status {
      border: 1px solid gray;
      padding-right: 40px;
    }
    .wdqs_widget_status .wdqs-post_meta-date {
      font-size: 13px;
    }
    /* WPMU DEV Support Staff - end */

I'd like to mention to you that the body font family was already set to Raleway and the titles in H1 headings. I just used them in case you want to change them. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Adam Wallis,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I'm glad that these CSS rules made the trick for you.
    If you want to display the post author after content in every single post, then use the attached file as a MU plugin. Simply download the .zip file, uncompress it, and copy the .php file in /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder (create the folder if doesn't exist).

Hope that helps, feel free to post back here more assistance is required! :slight_smile:
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.