Status Plugin Is Not allowing any text input in the textarea field

Please note that my site is hosted internally(intranet).

My status plugin is not working. The text entry field does not look how it use to. It not longer has the facebook like interface and I can't enter text in the field. Clicking anywhere on it does nothing.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Joe,

Hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

I had a look at your chat and as Ken already mentioned this can be hard for us to debug without access to the site because we’re unable to replicate the issue on our installation.

Is it possible for you to setup a staging environment somewhere with public access so we can check this out there?

Also, can you tell me if you see any console errors on your site?

You can check this in Chrome by using Ctrl + Shift + J (or Cmd + Opt + J on Mac) and when the console opens see if there are any errors that could tell us what’s going on.

Could you also check if it works with default WP theme active so we can see if there’s perhaps a theme conflict with the plugin?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Joe,

I’m afraid that we don’t offer skype support in order to check this via screenshare.

I haven’t seen this particular report before but from my experience this issue is usually related to some script failing to run on your site or that there’s some element that goes over the input field and that’s why you can’t click on it.

If you could create a temporary staging site that we can access we’ll be able to check if that’s indeed the case.

If you don’t have anywhere to create a live site you may check out service like this one http://poopy.life/ that will allow you to create a staging site that expires in 7 days.

Install same plugins and themes that you are running on your original installation and send the site URL so we can check it out.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Joe,

I don’t believe this is related to Status settings as there’s nothing in there to disable typing in field.

Instead, can you inspect Status element in Chrome browser and grab one screenshot of elements tab right after you click on inspect and then switch to console tab and grab another screenshot from there.

You can check this video to better understand what I’m referring to:

https://screencast.com/t/aCe8UEs1

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Joe,

Thank you for sharing these screenshots.

Unfortunately, they didn’t help much so I think the staging site would be the way to proceed. If you could create such a site and provide us with a link to it, I hope we’ll be able to troubleshoot and solve this.

It would also be helpfull, if you could grant a support access (using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin) to that staging site.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.