Status plugin issues

Hi I have message the support from my support access , but no yet replied.The issues is that
I am not seeing the author name and comment option eventhough comment option is enabled,please check. First login and then go to url http://dev.cornerecho.com. Also I am not able to upload image and video with subscriber user. Only admin user is able to upload images and video.Can you please look I have already granted the access.
Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Cynthia,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Can you tell me where exactly author name and comments are not showing, because when I visit the post single page I can see both: http://dev.cornerecho.com/my-quick-status-post/

Also I am not able to upload image and video with subscriber user.

Subscribers don't have upload permissions by default as this could be security issue for your site.
    If you want to enable this for them you can install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ and grant your subsribers Upload capabilities.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cynthia!

Thank you for granting access.

I checked the site and I noticed that you are aiming to put Status form and status list on its own separate page with a custom page template.

I checked that template and I see that you are calling widgets inside the template. I'd recommend changing that template code a bit. For the start I'd suggest switching from calling out widgets to using a native "wdqs_quick_status()" template function. I believe that you quit on this because it was only showing the status form, that is however because of a different issue.

You are using a "single page" for this along with "page" template. There's no WP Loop in your template which is necessary to pull out posts - in this case statuses. It's worth knowing that statuses are in fact regular posts (not even posts of custom type) so if you wish to display them in your custom page template you would need:

- add a WP loop code to the template file
    - make sure that the WP loop also includes a "comments" section (either a code or it's loading a "comments" part of template)
    - use a custom post query to change the default one from fetching posts of "page" type (which is happening because you are using it on page) to fetching "post" type.

This is an example that you could start with (by replacing a code inside your Status page template):

<?php
    /**
     * Template Name: Status
     */
    get_header('new-submit-pages');	 

if (function_exists("wdqs_quick_status")) wdqs_quick_status();

?>

<div id="primary" class="content-area">
    	<main id="main" class="site-main" role="main">
    		<?php

// set query to fetch status posts
    		//$args = array( 'post_type' => 'post' );
    		query_posts( $args );
    		// Start the loop.
    		while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();

// Include the single post content template.

// HERE YOU NEED TO PUT THE CODE DISPLAYING THE CONTENT OF THE POST
    // from your themes "single.php" file

// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template.
    			if ( comments_open() || get_comments_number() ) {
    				comments_template();
    			}

// End of the loop.
    		endwhile;
    		?>

</main><!-- .site-main -->

<?php get_sidebar( 'content-bottom' ); ?>

</div><!-- .content-area -->

<?php

get_footer('new-submit-pages');
    ?>

In place of the line that says "// HERE YOU NEED TO PUT A CODE..." you will want to put template tags and HTML tags that actually display the content of a single posts. These could be taken directly from the parent themes "single.php" file template or you could use a set of template tags like:

the_title();
    the_content();

For using WP Loop and a list of handy template tags see here please:

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/the-loop/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.