Status plugin issues with the title, image size

Hi,
1)Can we set the default image size instead of allowing user to select image size while uploading an image with status plugin.
2)When front end user(subscriber/contributor) submits status, it shows status to be submitted as review and saved with status pending while submitting status with administrator login its saved as published.
3)While submitting a status, how to allow users to enter status title

Regards

James Morris

Hello Cynthia,

I hope you are well today.

1)Can we set the default image size instead of allowing user to select image size while uploading an image with status plugin.

Out of the box, there's no option to do this. However, here's a workaround you could do.

In your theme's Custom CSS section, you could add the following (adjusting to your needs):

/* This hides the image size options */
    div#wdqs-size-container {
        display: none;
    }
    /* This hard sets the image size to your desired specifications */
    .wdqs.wdqs_image {
        max-width: 250px;
        height: auto;
    }

2)When front end user(subscriber/contributor) submits status, it shows status to be submitted as review and saved with status pending while submitting status with administrator login its saved as published.

This is an option set in Admin -> Settings -> Status. You can change this under Allow submitting for review.

3)While submitting a status, how to allow users to enter status title

Actually, when you click the preview of a quick status, you can change the title and description prior to posting. See the following video for a walk-thru of this: https://goo.gl/jGRSFw

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help!

Best regards,

James Morris

Cynthia

Hello James,

Thanks for your reply,

This is an option set in Admin -> Settings -> Status. You can change this under Allow submitting for review.
    >> I want front-end users to post status as published not as pending. I don't want status post to be reviewed , instead publish them directly.

Actually, when you click the preview of a quick status, you can change the title and description prior to posting. See the following video for a walk-thru of this: https://goo.gl/jGRSFw
    >>Front end user might not have idea that they have to preview and then change the title, please do let me know if you have any better way of doing .

Regards

Luís

Hi Cynthia ,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience here!

Regarding to your questions:

I want front-end users to post status as published not as pending. I don't want status post to be reviewed , instead publish them directly.

By default, Subscribers don't have enough permissions to add posts, the plugin have a setting to overcome this, as mentioned by my teammate James, but their posts need to be reviewed first by the admin or an editor user.

The option here is add to the subscribers role, the capability to "publish posts", using a plugin like User Role, but this is not a good, since they will be able to actually add Posts too to your site, not just in the Status plugin.

If you're looking for more of a Facebook type setup where each user can post status to his own profile you may want to check out BuddyPress?

Front end user might not have idea that they have to preview and then change the title, please do let me know if you have any better way of doing .

Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this, it was how the plugin was designed and changing this will require some custom code. As this type of customizations are beyond the scope of the Support Forum, I can suggest you to use our Jobs Board and try find a skilled developer that can help you to achieve your goal:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Also I am not able to hide the image sizes as they are loaded with iframe. I have attached an image, so that it will be more clear what exactly I want to do.

I tried access to your website using Support Access, but I was unable. The access was denied, maybe due to some rule in a security plugin? However, can you please try this CSS code:

#media-upload tr.image-size {
        display: none;
    }

If you don't know, you should always avoid change the original CSS files, in order to don't lose it all when you make an update. So, we recommend use a plugin to add custom CSS:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís