Status plugin not working

I have installed and activated the status plugin on my site but it doesn't do anything. Do i have to take any extra action for it to work?

thanks
Symeon

Rupok

Hi Symeon,

I just checked in my test site and it seems to be working. I tried to login with Support Access to your site but your site is not loading in my Browser.

This site can’t be reached
    bi***ub.app took too long to respond.

Can you please confirm you see a Status widget on your Dashboard homepage after installing and activating this plugin? If yes, can you try posting something through it? That post will be shown on your site. If it doesn't, then something is blocking the functionality. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you also confirm that you checked our plugin usage guide https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/quick-status/#product-usage and it's still not working?

I assume, the post is not appearing on your site front-end. In that case, can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Can you also try activating any default WordPress theme and check if it's working? That will make sure your current theme is responsible for this.

Please let us know the result and check your site if it's up or down. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Symeon

Hi Rupok,

sorry but i should have given you the host configuration as the site is in dev

46.101.23.132 bikehub.app
    46.101.23.132 lmrc.bikehub.app

the plugin shows on the home page but it doesn't replace the activity post box. I was expecting it to show in the activity instead of the standard post editor. Is this is not the case? i know of the activity+ but i was hoping that status does the same

thanks
    Symeon

Nithin

Hi Symeon,

Hope you are doing good today.

46.101.23.132 bikehub.app
    46.101.23.132 lmrc.bikehub.app

Thank you for providing the host configuration, I tried to log in using with these, but unfortunately, it seems like the support access got expired.

I was expecting it to show in the activity instead of the standard post editor. Is this is not the case? i know of the activity+ but i was hoping that status does the same

If I'm not mistaken, you want the Status plugin to replace the BuddyPress activity box? If yes, then I'm afraid, Status plugin is not compatible with BuddyPress plugin. It's used more how FB, or G+ post status works.

You'll have to make use of BuddyPress Activity + plugin, what this plugin does is provide more feature, and functionality to the default BP activity, more like an enhancement.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin