Status plugin post form in widget

On my test site, my post form is showing up in my widget, which I like. However, I can't repeat this in my live site. How can I do this? (if you need my URL, I will message it to you)

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @wadams92101

The status widget normally doesn't come with the status form as far as I have seen, I wonder how you got it working on the other test site. (which sounds cool :wink:

Here is a way to do it:

Install this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/
    Or if you already have some plugin to run PHP on widgets, that will do.

In the status form settings, choose "Do not place it automatically, I will place it myself".

In the plugin, add the following:

<?php if (function_exists("wdqs_quick_status")) wdqs_quick_status(); ?>

That should do it. It works really cool :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I will forward this as a feature request, I think this is a feature we could have in our widget itself :slight_smile:

• wadams92101
    • The Crimson Coder

Awesome! Can't wait to try it! Also, I think it would be great added feature. BTW, I'm loving this plugin more and more. I'm testing it against Buddypress, and it actually has several key advantages over the BP Activity Stream. (e.g., I can run it on my multisite nw with a separate status stream for each child blog) Another great feature would be to allow showing of the author avatar.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The latest plugin release (v1.5, just released) has a new placement option, titled "Widget". If you select this option in plugin settings, a new widget will appear in your Appearance > Widgets section, which will add the Status update line to your sidebar.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.