status plugin posting link

how do i post a youtube video with this plugin?

using the video tab it just post the link and the link tab under preview show the video but when posted it only show the link also and becomes a status post.

is this correct or plugin doesnt work?

• aecnu

Greetings online,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I had no problem at all inserting a You Tube video link as indicated here on my test production server:

http://aecnuwpmu.us/

I used link and in the last post but first shown on the site, I put in a title or blurb before the link from you tube which appears to have brought in the actual title as well.

Please check it out and advise.

Cheers, Joe

yes, it works from bluxe.net

i posted youtube links from "post video tab" and it displays the link however when "post link tab" it display the video. can this be switched? whereas when posting video tab it shows video and link tab shows link?

i also posted some images and it will display a link and after clicking on link, one image is displayed at a time. can it be that it show feature image and than multiple images on same post a gallery view?

should i install a gallery or photo plugin to accomplish this goal?

thanks again.

• aecnu

Greetings online,

Thank you for your additional input and feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

i posted youtube links from "post video tab" and it displays the link however when "post link tab" it display the video. can this be switched? whereas when posting video tab it shows video and link tab shows link?

Could you please clarify what you mean here a little more clearly so when/if I get the lead developer in here to look at this he has a clear vision of what we are referring to?

i also posted some images and it will display a link and after clicking on link, one image is displayed at a time. can it be that it show feature image and than multiple images on same post a gallery view?

This would fall under the feature requests section.

should i install a gallery or photo plugin to accomplish this goal?

If it meets your goal, why certainly.

Please advise on the clarification issue.

Cheers, Joe

the status plugin has four options to post: status,video,image,link. when posting with video->link, the post is a link but when posting with link, the post is the video (youtube image and click to play). this only applies to linking a youtube video, have not tried any video options such as upload or from media.

i just thought it was ironic that video post is a link and link post is the video, but this only applies to youtube links.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.