Status Plugin - Tutorial Available?

Hello! I'm intrigued by the Status plugin, and I'm wondering if it would help my less-tech-savvy clients with updates.

I activated it on one of my sites last night to experiment for myself. Perhaps it was because I was up late, but I was having trouble making sense of everything.

My main question is, Can I use Status to create a normal WP post, or does it have to stand outside the loop?

Is there any kind of tutorial available?

Thanks!
Steve

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Status plugin provides a feature that's more like a "Facebook status" rather than a regular front-end posting. You will find a usage guide for it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/quick-status/#product-usage

If your goal is to provide user with a handy tool to create standard posts from front-end, I think you might find this article on our blog useful (check plugins starting from 3rd one on the list):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-post-frontend-plugins/

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steve
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Adam - sorry for the slow response.

I read the #product-usage info, but I was hoping for a little detail in the setup. That page didn't really go through the settings "one by one" - there's no info at all on Status Settings, for example.

And I still don't understand whether a Status post is treated as a regular post, or something else.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

I read the #product-usage info, but I was hoping for a little detail in the setup. That page didn't really go through the settings "one by one" - there's no info at all on Status Settings, for example.

All of those settings have an explanatory description right below, could you please point to me which settings gives you troubles?

And I still don't understand whether a Status post is treated as a regular post, or something else.

That is true. All "statuses" created via Status plugin can be found in your post listing page
    /wp-admin/edit.php
    Keep in mind that these posts have the default title as set in Settings -> Status -> Status post settings -> Default title and doesn't provide the same functionalities as the backend new/edit post screen.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Steve
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Well, there's not an explanatory description right below this graphic.

What does "Show on public pages" mean? The update box for me to use, or the statuses that I have created?

Can a Status post be edited later? More content added?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve!

The "Show on public pages" refers to the "status box", the form that you use to add a status on front-end. The "public pages" statement refers to the content visibility settings, see here please:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Content_Visibility

Can a Status post be edited later? More content added?

Yes, they can. A "status" is a regular WordPress post that you will find on "Posts -> All posts" page in your site's dashboard. You can edit them from there the same way you edit other posts on your site.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.