Status Plugin/Does not support post formats

Sorry I know I keep pressing this issue but only because I really love this plugin and want it to work with my theme. Again, I am using the Chocolate WP theme from Themeforest which automatically comes with the Tumblog plugin that I cannot deactivate as it seems to be hardcoded into the theme.

If you are familiar with this plugin and theme it DOES support “Post formats” as this is exactly what is based on. In fact, it shows them to me in my dashboard and says I can even add more “Post formats” However, here is my issue. When I activate the Status plugin I go to edit the settings.

What I want to accomplish is to match the status updates to the proper post formats. But in Status plugin settings it says “Your theme does not support post formats” Again, this is totally untrue. Can we have a developer look at this plugin and see if there is something they can do or something I Can do to get this to recognize the post formats of my theme? Thanks so much for your help I really love this plugin (and yes I have the updated version of it)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ThinkTaiwan,

It is true that it can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all, so let’s see what we can do!

What I will do is ask the lead developer of the Status plugin if they can see any specific issues that could be causing this.

However, of course, this will take a bit longer than a regular support ticket so if you could post any progress you have trying to debug the problem here too in the meantime that would really help.

Looking forward to sorting out your issue for you and thanks again for being a WPMU DEV Member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Mike.

What I want to accomplish is to match the status updates to the proper post formats. But in Status plugin settings it says “Your theme does not support post formats”

Could you take a screenshot for me of the message, include it in its entirety.

You see our Status plugin simple uses the default posts Post_type. So when you make a new status update you can find those updates in the default WordPress posts area. It will also use the Posts categories as well.

So with that in mind, once posted it should just show the post like any other post. Is this not happening for you?

Take care.

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK Sorry I wont bug you guys on this anymore. I can never add screenshots it always says image size denied. I will stick with using the Tumblog feature. The only thing I lose by doing this is they cant upload video only embed them. But I think this is smarter anyway with the type of site I am creating. Sorry again thanks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I think I figured out what seems to be the problem and, in fact, Chocolate WP theme does *not* support actual post formats, but uses custom taxonomies named “Post Formats” instead. Here’s some details: the theme comes with customized WooTumblog plugin, which is able to provide “post formats” functionality either as proper post formats (the “real” post formats, so to say, which would also be properly recognized by Status plugin), or as custom taxonomies. Since you said that you can add new post formats, I suspected they’re provided as custom taxonomies rather then actual post post formats (you can’t add new post formats, as it says in the WP codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats).

It turned out that this was a correct assumption. The WooTumblog plugin included with your theme has been modified to force “custom taxonomies” mode of operation, rather then giving you an option to choose. I have managed to remove this bit of customization from the plugin in order to let it support post formats (it’s relatively easy), but as it turns out, the posts with different formats will all look the same in Chocolate WP so there’s no real merit in doing this.

So, long story short, Chocolate WP unfortunately does *not* support post formats.

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Wow thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly and for looking into this. I guess I wont be using it for THIS site BUT love the plug in and the support and will definitely use it on a future site :slight_smile: have a great day/night

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah, I’ve never used much form Woo before and hadn’t realised this came with the theme. It really is a nice theme though, I just hope it will be ok with other plugins you come to use.

You’ll have to let us know how you get on as you go along. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

When you hit “Preview” after you entered some stuff (or when auto-preview kicks in), the title you get in the preview box is actually editable. When you mouse over the title, it’ll get yellow background to indicate this – if you then click on the title, you’ll be able to change it however you want. I hope this tip helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.