[Status] Status Plugin Use Cases

Ok, so I am a bit disappointed with the Status plugin. Hopefully it's just cause I don't know how to use it properly, but so far I have it installed and can't figure out how it is supposed to be used.

I should mention, the plugin is currently not working on my install right now either, so not sure why, I'm guessing a plugin conflict...

Either way, I was assuming this was going to be a plugin that my logged in users could post status updates to their wall essentially, but it is not looking that way. And infact, I can't figure out how this is supposed to be used by my logged in users....it doesn't allow you to create a specific page where lets say all status updates are shown, only on all public pages or frontpage, which makes no sense to me...

Can someone explain to me a use case on how my users can sreate status updates? And where they are then shown? I am really confused by this plugin. Aside from that, then maybe we can troubleshoot to figure out why it is not currently working on my install...

Thanks so much...

• James Morris

Hello Jessica

I hope you are well today.

In short, the Status plugin gives you front-end publishing capabilities for specific post types, like images, videos, links and text. It's intended to give you the ability to publish very short posts to your public blog without needing to go into WP Admin -> Posts. This is mainly useful when you are limiting WP Admin access. It's kinda like Facebook in that all posts are rendered in one endless timeline but not segregated from other posts made through WP Admin.

If you're wanting something where you can separate the Status updates, you can use the options of the plugin to define the post type or category, then create a custom page template and loop that only displays this type of content.

If you're needing something a bit more powerful, you may want to look into BuddyPress and our Activity+ plugin. It gives a great deal more power and control over the status updates and divides them into each users "wall" by default, but gives you the option for a global wall as well.

If you would like me to work through troubleshooting this plugin on your site, I will be more than happy to. In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.