I love Status very much ever since I got WPMU Dev account.
As token of appreciation, I will possibly pin out any bugs from Status plugin, ok.
So, demonstrate this duplicate issue, just follow this sequence.
1. Install WordPress normally on test site or localhost.
2. Activate Twenty Ten (2010) or Twenty Eleven (2011) Theme.
3. Activate Status plugin.
4. On Status plugin page, set Yes to Show on public pages and then click Save Changes.
5. Go to Public Pages like index page, category page, tag page, single page, page page and search page (Just skip this because Status runs normally ok)
6. Go single page, find Posted by Admin (or any user), then click the Admin (for example admin is the user. Here, you will find duplicate Status widget.
* I finally found the problem, which is the rewind_post hook that cause duplicate Status widget. So, we just need to identify the php file. For 2010 and 2011, rewind_post found in author.php, we need to locate this hook and delete it.
Solving issue for Twenty Ten theme (2010).
1. Open author.php, delete rewind_posts(); and save file.
Solving issue for Twenty Eleven theme (2011).
1. Open author.php and delete this code below;
<?php /* Since we called the_post() above, we need to * rewind the loop back to the beginning that way * we can run the loop properly, in full. */ rewind_posts(); ?>
2. Save file.
Open back the author page and see the change.
Hopes this help.Cheers.