Status plugin conflict

Hi, I am using Status plugin and I got a conflict with another plugin (WP Tab Widget) I use. If the window from Status is activated (on my site, it is active only for logged-in users), this plugin stops showing the content it is supposed to show. When there is no visible Status window, everything is fine. I am wondering, what that could be and if you could help me to get rid of this error? My site is http://www.tribonet.org.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Aydar,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I tested this on my own site and both plugins work well together. I was however able to confirm that on your site so I expect that either the theme or other plugin is “getting in a way” here.

I noticed that you’re using a child theme and there are some “glitches” in its code (based on page source view) but it may be worth to investigate it a bit deeper. Before I’ll do this however I’d like you to follow these steps:

1. Install a Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen theme and switch site to it. If this helps then please switch to the parent theme of your current theme. If this still works we’ll know that it’s a child theme issue. If it works with Twenty Fifteen/Sixteen but doesn’t work with parent theme, it will confirm parent theme issue.

And if it doesn’t work even with Twenty Fifteen/Sixteen theme:

2. Please disable all plugins at once except these two and see if they work then together. If they do, please enable other plugins back one by one each time checking the site for the issue. At some point you should find out which other plugin is interfering.

Let me know please about results of these tests.

Best regards,

Adam

• Aydar
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello, Adam! Thank you for a swift response. I tried to activate the Twente-Sixteen theme, but I was not able to see if the plugins worked, because I got a complete mess. With the parent theme, it was the same. I will try to switch off plugins one by one and see where I get problems.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Aydar!

I should have mentioned that after switching the theme it may be necessary to “adjust” widgets placement a bit. Nevertheless if it doesn’t work with parent theme as well then it’s either a theme issue or a plugin conflict so please proceed with plugins testing and let me know about the result and we’ll then continue depending on this test results.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Aydar!

Thanks for letting me know about that. This would suggest the theme issue. However, I found the theme that you’re using.

I installed it on my site and tested this with default settings and no other plugins active. Both Status and WP Tab Widget works fine. Therefore the issue is different. I reviewed your site once again and I noticed that there’s a Hummingbird plugin installed and its minification feature is enabled.

I then reviewed minification settings and disabled “minify” and “combine” options for scripts and CSS styles for both “Status” and “WP Tab Widget” plugins et voila: it’s now working as expected.

Please clear your browser’s cache and give it a try, it should be fine now.

I hope that helped and I’m sorry I didn’t noticed that earlier!

Best regards,

Adam

• Aydar

Dear Adam,

I dont know, if you still track this topic. I have a problem with my Status plugin, it does not work anymore, although it is displayed. The buttons of it do not do the job. I am wondering, if you could help me with that issue?

• Aydar

Dear Predrag,

Thank you for your reply. I did install a new plugin, Inline Related Posts. I tried to find in the minification menu, if there is something related to it and could not find. I also tried to deactivate this newly activated plugin and it still did not work. Should I deactivate the Hummingbird then?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Aydar,

Some files behave differently to minification and can cause console errors when minified, I disabled minification for your JS files and Status is working now.

You should try enabling them one by one now to see which one is causing the issue and once you found out which file it is leave it unminified.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.