Steps for creating new sites for schools

Hey everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding the best solution for the task at hand. Here's what I am trying to do.

I'm building a system for our 200 schools where they can go to our site, sign up for a new school website and it creates a new site for them where they have access to edit and update all their own pages, posts and themes. Pretty straight forward I would think however I'm getting really confused as to what plugins to use to make this happen.

What am i missing here? Is there anywhere that someone has seen a step by step or 'how to' create something like this?

Again, all I need is a simple sign up, it creates a new sub-site and the user can login to their sub-site to update their own content.

As a bit of a twist or maybe the reason this isn't working is I'm using Gravity Forms as the sign up.

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi turnystudios,

It actually sounds like all you'd really need is the default functionality of WordPress Multisite. I see you've already got New Blog Templates up and running, so I'm guessing you're at least able to create new sites, and my guess is that you've already done so as super admin.

So the real issue is having users create new sites, correct? To that end, do you have the registration and site creation process enabled in your Network Admin settings?

If so, have you tried deactivating Gravity Forms and just using the basic registration process to see if there's an issue there?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.