Sticky Footer and header Ads for Free Sites

Hello.

I have Pro Sites isntalled in my multisite network.

I want free sites and teh first level in Pro Sites to have a sticky footer ad and a stiky header ad (they will change depending on screen resolution).

I tried using the build in ads section in Pro Sites, but it only displays ads in single post/page and not in the home page.

My idea is to use Custom footer and custom header text from Ultimate Branding to create the ads, and create a plugin that removes those ads that will be available at the desired Pro Sites Level.

What do you think about this idea?

The only problem I have is that I dont know how to create that plugin ;(. Could you help me?

Thank you!

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Carlos Divas, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

The idea you mentioned would take a fair amount of custom coding to implement, I would like to ask though, when you say this:

I tried using the build in ads section in Pro Sites, but it only displays ads in single post/page and not in the home page.

Is this only taking place on a certain site? And is this only taking place with a certain theme active?

Could you enable Support Access to your Multisite, so that we can have a closer look at things here?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @Carlos

I hope you are well today.

Please use the following code:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'set_ad_for_free_level' );
    function set_ad_for_free_level() {
        if( ! is_user_logged_in() ){
            global $psts, $blog_id;

$header = "<div id='pro_header_ad'>Header</div>";
            $footer = "<div id='pro_footer_ad'>footer</div>";

$expire = $psts->get_expire( $blog_id );
            if( ! $expire ){
                echo $header . $footer;
            }
            ?>
            <style>
                body{position: relative;}
                #pro_header_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; top: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-bottom: 1px solid #000; }
                #pro_footer_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; bottom: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-top: 1px solid #000; }
            </style>
            <?php
        }
    }

You can add those codes in mu-plugins. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Make sure you add the ad code in $header and $footer variable.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Carlos

Hello Ash.

Thank you for your help.

I erased the code from the footer content and header content, then created the mu-plugins folder, and added this code to a file called ads.php:

global $psts, $blog_id;

$header = "<div id='pro_header_ad' style='text-align: center;
      position: fixed;
      width: 181px;
      top: 0;
      right: 50px;
      background: grey;
      color: white;
      z-index:999999;'><p>¡Crea un Sitio 502!</p></div>";

$footer = "<div id='pro_footer_ad' style='text-align: center;background-color: #565656;
      height: 50px;
      margin:0px;
      overflow: hidden;
      bottom: 0;
      width: 100%;'>

<h3><span style='color: #ffffff;'>Este Sitio Fue Creado Usando http://www.502.gt.  Crea Tu Página Web Gratis >></span></h3></div>";

$expire = $psts->get_expire( $blog_id );
              if( ! $expire ){
                  echo $header . $footer;
              }
              ?>
              <style>
                  #pro_header_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; top: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-

bottom: 1px solid #000; }
                  #pro_footer_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; bottom: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-

top: 1px solid #000; }
              </style>
              <?php
          }
      }

But I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home2/cdivas2/0SitiosWeb/T/TLC/5librasPrueba/wp-content/mu-plugins/ads.php on line 37

http://salud2.pierde5librasen5dias.com/

Some questions about this code:

1. Will it display ads only for free sites? Or can I choose the Pro Sites level where they start to disable?

2. They will not see the ads if they are logged in, correct?

Thank you for your help Ash! :wink:

• Ash

In that case, please try the following code:

global $psts, $blog_id;

$footer = "<div id='pro_footer_ad' style='text-align: center;background-color: #565656;

<h3><span style='color: #ffffff;'>Este Sitio Fue Creado Usando http://www.502.gt.  Crea Tu Página Web Gratis >></span></h3></div>";

$level = $psts->get_level( $blog_id );
            if( (int) $level < 2 ){
                echo $header . $footer;
            }
            ?>
            <style>
                #pro_header_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; top: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-

#pro_footer_ad{width: 100%; padding: 10px 20px; box-sizing: border-box; bottom: 0; left: 0; position: fixed; background: #fff; text-align: center; border-

</style>
            <?php
        }
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Try this:

global $psts, $blog_id;
              $special_blogs = array( 21, 15, 19, 32 );
              if( in_array( $blog_id, $special_blogs ) ){

<h3><span style='color: #ffffff;'>Este Sitio Fue Creado Usando http://www.502.gt.  Crea Tu Página Web Gratis >></span></h3></div>";

$level = $psts->get_level( $blog_id );
                  if( (int) $level < 2 ){
                      echo $header . $footer;
                  }
                  ?>
                  <style>

</style>
                  <?php
              }else{
                              z-index:999999;'><p>ADD TEXT FOR SPECIAL BLOGS</p></div>";

<h3><span style='color: #ffffff;'>ADD TEXT FOR SPECIAL BLOGS</span></h3></div>";

echo $header . $footer;
                  ?>
                  <style>

</style>
                  <?php
              }
          }
      }

You need to change the IDs in $special_blogs array and change the content in lower block.

Let us know if it works :slight_smile:

Cheers
      Ash

• Carlos

Ash! You really rock man! It works like a charm.

I have one more question for this.

I am using New Blog Template plugin. I am using the "display templates in page" option. The main idea is to display an ad for template demos with a link to "activate this template" (that is the special ad for the special blog ids).

How do I create a link that redirects users to the registration page with that current blog ID as a template already selected?

Thank you!

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Divas

It's maybe possible, but I can't confirm. Also, it will depends on how you set the NBT settings. If you send me admin and ftp login, I can give it a try.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Carlos

Hello Ash! Thank you for your help.

It is looking great. I have some questions though:

1. Can I use a different style if it is a "normal ad" or if it is a "template ad"? Because when using Template Ads I need to put a margin to the body that should not go when using the Normal Ads.

2. I do need to be able to display de templates in a showcase page. Eventually they will be too many to show in the registration form.

I saw that the link with this method uses the "?blog_template=1" where the number of the template ID is different from the blog Id.

I was thinking that the link could be created using two arrays. One with the Special Blog Ids, and anotherone with the correponding Template Ids.

Even if I have to update those arrays manualy when I add new templates :wink:

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.