Still getting " Update Notifications plugin " message in the backend.

Need to get rid of this. No member needs to see wpmudev’s updates in the admin that links to https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Annabelle,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I understand that you are talking about the update notification message which is appearing on the top of your dashboard.

Could you please let me know if you have installed the WPMU Dashboard plugin on your site or not ?

If yes, then could you please go to that and click on manage, there you will find the update notification messages and that can be changed so as the messages are only displayed to the administrator who has installed the plugin and no other users would see it.

Please advise

Cheers

PC

• FOAWebmaster
    • Flash Drive

I am experiencing the same issue where as an admin I am now getting the message “Please install the latest version of our free Update Notifications plugin which helps you stay up-to-date with the most stable, secure versions of WPMU DEV themes and plugins. More information »”.

The only WPMU plugin I have installed is Membership and it is activated and version 3.0.2, which is the current version (as of this post).

I have not installed the WPMU Update Notification Plugin and prefer not to.

Is there a way to disable this message without altering the code in lines 3-20 of membership/membershipincludes/includes/functions.php? I would prefer not to have any deviations from your original source but also do not want to get this message every time I am logged in as an admin.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello FOAWebmaster,

That plugin is required for the updates of your WPMU Plugins and does not take too much resources.

You may simply install that plugin and then go to the administration area of the plugin as below screenshots and it would be as good as removing the code without removing it :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.