Still Having Problems :(

Figured I would start a new thread since this plugin has been updated ; )

I'm still able to change the dashboard widget contents from a sub-site. This extends all the way to the network admin area.

I was NOT able to over-ride the subsites from the network admin area however. This seems to be backward.

Code for iframe was stripped from sub-site, but not from network admin. This is great, but the video only showed up in my main site dashboard. It didn't show on my subsite. It was also able to be over-written by my sub-site.

Note that I didn't create a special content.php. I'm just using the widget.

Thanks!

~ Corey

• Philip John

Hiya Corey,

I was NOT able to over-ride the subsites from the network admin area however. This seems to be backward.

Yep, that doesn't surprise me as the plugin isn't designed to allow such an over-ride.

Code for iframe was stripped from sub-site, but not from network admin.

That's because WordPress filters content not entered by Super Admins. You will either need to add the code as a super admin or give the unfiltered_html capability to site admins.

Thanks,
    Phil

• NetPotion

Hi Phil - I'm really confused about the purpose of this plugin.

This is the description from the plugin page..................

Custom Content Dashboard Widget is a plugin that allows you to instantly capture your site user's attention when they log in to the network. You can create the content in minutes and it will appear on dashboards for all users across your entire network!

The way this plugin is working right now, it is a way for users to grab *my* attention. Anything they put into this widget shows up in *my* dashboard. That's not the stated purpose, and I can't imagine why any network administrator would want such a thing. So they can serve *us* ads and content? Sorry, I don't get it.

Code for iframe was stripped from sub-site, but not from network admin.

That's because WordPress filters content not entered by Super Admins. You will either need to add the code as a super admin or give the unfiltered_html capability to site admins.

The code wasn't being stripped prior to this. I was just verifying that it was now. Please see This Thread.

Thanks

~ Corey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.