Still horrible Rating on Speed from google

I have been paying for this service because I love it but it hasn't helped me solve my issues. I even paid a IT person to go in and help decrease the size of the images after installing these plugins on the pro account. Can anyone help me get a better rating on google and speed up the site? Please let me know, my rankings have been steadily dropping.

• Nithin

Hi Adria,

Hope you are doing good today.

It seems like majority of your images needs to resized, and compressed in order to get better ratings in Google Pagespeed. This is because the images is larger than your themes content width, and this entirely depends upon how your theme renders it.

In order to get better ratings, what you have to do is right click on the images you have issues with, and click Inspect/Inspect element.

As seen in your screenshot, this would reveal your image width ie 350*452. Once you figure that out, you'll enable resize option, in smush, and re-upload the image, so that the image is compressed, and resized at the same time.

You'll have to repeat this procedure for all the images having issue in PageSpped, as each image have their own width, and height.

One of your image is loading from external server, ie form /pbs.twimg.com/. WP Smush Pro doesn't have control over external images, you'll have to replace it with an image from your server, so that it's compressed.

If you still have issues following these steps, please enable support access, so that we could sort this out.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Adria

OK I tested this and I keep getting these errors. I stopped the SMUSH after roughly 50 of these showed up

BULK SMUSH NOW
    57 image(s) were skipped due to an error.
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/fast-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Dr-Oz-Ask-Paula-Deen-to-Quit-Smoking-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dual-action-cleanse1-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/aveeno_spray2.jpg
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/aveeno_spray1.jpg
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/aveeno_spray.jpg
    Invalid file format. Only PNG, JPEG, and GIF files are supported.
    Could not find /home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kim.jpg
    Could not find /home.migrating/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/jennifer-love-hew.jpg
    Could not find /home.migrating/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tom-cruise.jpg
    Could not find /home.migrating/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/angelina_jolie_watching_dengerously_oaph33-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/iposture-2-150x150.png
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/iposture-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/fergie_nelly-gal-betawards08-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bubble-gum-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/girl_blowing_bubble_gum1.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/girl_blowing_bubble_gum.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/girlballchair-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/couch-potato-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/chicken-2-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/chicken1.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/chicken.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/plitt-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/wynonna-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/national-body-challenge-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cardio-150x150.png
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cardio2.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cardio1.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cardio.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cardio-interval-150x150.gif
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/carb-queen-150x150.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/diet-tribe-150x119.jpg
    Could not find /mnt/local/home/adreeza/fittipdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/flirty-girl-fit-2-150x150.jpg

• Nithin

Hi Adria,

Sorry for the delay, it's odd that the plugin is loading wrong image path, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin