Still no response form - Jobs & Pros still breaks everything

Michelle, I hope you get this. I couldn't post this to the other forum since I don't have Jobs & Experts installed. I can't install it as it breaks whatever site in our network that we attempt to use it in.

After much fiddling with it I was able to get the site to respond again but only after completely disabling everything causing the other network sites to have all kinds of whacky issues since the various plugins were gone.

Regarding your forums, there is NOT a response form showing. Even after clearing my browser cache and refreshing, logging back in, etc.

We'd love to use this plugin but can't determine where there is a conflict OR what other plugin it may be conflicting with. Even disabling ALL the other plugins and having this one just present (without activating!) causes the site to break.

Is there any way you an determine what is causing this?

• Michelle Shull

Heya Sim!

I'm still here, I've got a few more minutes on the clock, so you caught me just in time. : )

For your login issue, try logging in from wpmudev.org itself. My colleague explained that this trick works for many members who are seeing what you see.

As for J&E, that's no good! We definitely don't want it killing sites, that's terrible PR for us. : )

Just to humor me, everything with Jobs and Experts worked okay UNTIL you tried adding the demo content, correct?

That makes me think that data is still clogging up your works in some way, but I'm unsure how we can go in there and get that data back out again. If Jobs and Experts created its own database tables, we'd have a fairly simple work around, but we're moving away from creating tables with our plugins and using WP tables instead. This is good overall, but a little tricky for your particular case.

I'm going to ask the dev for some feedback here, and I can change the topic to J&E from my end.

Thanks, sim! We'll get this sorted out!

• Michelle Shull

@Hoang Ngo - to recap:

1. The member is having an unrelated issue with the forums we're working on, but as of now they are unable to reply to any forum threads.

2. When the member installed Jobs and Experts, everything was going okay, until they tried adding the demo data for jobs and experts.

3. Adding the data caused the site to hang, then whitescreen of death.

4. We got the site back, but any attempt to re-activate J&E is breaking the site again.

5. I think the best option will be to remove the data added from the demo content from the database, but would love a little guidance from you before I attempt to do so.

Thanks!

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @simcomedia,

I hope you are well today.

Hmm, the data generator is only create some sample text data, download some dummy images. I think the issue is related to the download & process images.

I will need more information to debug it, and if the issue is images download and process, I will give you a small code, which prevent that. Demo data still generate, but without attachments and experts avatar.

Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.
    Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.