Still not sure what the problem is and I am not sure how

Still not sure what the problem is and I am not sure how I can explain further what is going on but here goes. I want my fundraising page to look more like the one that they use in the advertisement for the plug in. The "Fundraiser Panel" I believe is suppose to give you the option to place an extra description and customize the page a bit more from what I've read. I found the "Fundraiser Panel" in widgets and drug it into "Page widget area". I clicked the drop down on the "Fundraiser Panel" and I then checked "yes" where it says "Display a specific fundraiser" and the name of my fundraising page came up. I then checked the circle next to the name of my fundraising page thinking that this would add it and any info that I chose into my page but no go. I am also getting extra info on my Fundraising page like "About the Author" and "Recent Posts" & "Popular Posts" and I do not want either of these on my fundraising page although when I go to the page for my fundraiser to edit it in the dashboard it does not give me any option to remove them and their is no code or info in the info box to remove to make these go away. Hmmmmmm?

Thanks!

Joseph