Still working on Gridmarket rows & alignment

Can I set up Gridmarket so that my product description ONLY shows on the end page, not the grid page? This might be a good way to get all my images and descriptions to take up the same amount of room, so that the product rows don't break up and look uneven and untidy.
Thx
Barbara

• Barbara Davis

Hi Kimberly,
    Thank you for replying!

I do have shortcodes, that call product categories to be listed dynamically in a particular page (i.e., the "Bracelet" page calls the items in the category "bracelets").
    Like this:
    [mp_list_products category="bracelets"]
    QUESTION: Does this create alignment problems?

QUESTION: Can you point me to the GridMarket template page you mention, where custom code is to be found?

QUESTION: Is it possible to make descriptive text appear ONLY on the larger individual product page, rather than on the product list page?

QUESTION: Can you tell me if MarketPress / Gridmarket defaults to four boxes across, or is it three? At one point I changed the number of grid boxes across from 4 to 3, but I have forgotten where I did that. (A little knowledge is worse than a lot, I guess!)

Anyway, even if my images are exactly the same size, and the amount of text is exactly the same in the grid boxes and fields, the products sometimes "break" lines, or there will be 3 up, then 2 up, then 1 up with lots of space, plus they don't align. Is this a CSS thing ("clear-all" or something)? I can't tell, as the call is made dynamically and the products just align, wrap and drop down a line, the way they "want." See screen grab.

I realize I'm a bit greedy with all these questions, but I'm in a pickle! If you can answer any of them, I'd be grateful!

http://www.highdesertdiva.com/store/bracelets/

• Kimberly

Using shortcodes doesn't automatically create alignment problems, so I can't say this is the problem.

I really think some css tweaks would help.

This particular thread response has some grid css if you want to try that instead

The page template for the store page is found here

/wp-content/themes/gridmarket/mp_store.php

You can change what shows here, for details you should checkout the themeing marketpress.txt located in /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes

Just looking around at the link you gave me and playing with Firebug I added a height value to the following element

#content #mp_product_list .product {
        border: 1px solid #EEEEEE;
        float: left;
        height: 375px;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
        margin-right: 10px;
        margin-top: 0;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 10px;
        width: 200px;

and that creates symmetrical boxes.

That should help?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.