stock photography

Does anyone know of any great sites that have free stock photography?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cornelius

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Half the theme creators on the web use Interface Lift as their free stock search for photography. If you want cheese ball corporate stock though, you'll have to head over to Photodune and eat the $5 bill in the name of quality. If you need vector stock, the stuff at vectorstock.com is quite good for $1 per download but the search engine is terrible. Do a site search in google:

site:vectorstock.com vintage web elements (image results) then click through to purchase.

Generally speaking, if your required costs is "no cost" your website is going to look like you did it on the cheap. $1 to $5 here and there will make an enormous difference in the quality of your interface.

If you are just starting out, trust me, it's worth the investment. It'll make your portfolio look a whole lot better.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@cornelius_butler

imperartive ideas is right, don't forget that visuals play a large part of that first impression of a site, quite often depending on what the photo subject is i have even taken the photo's myself. Using free images that are plastered everywhere on the net look like you are cutting corners or running a cheap site.

Cheers

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.