Store page suddenly is taking a long time to load 75Seconds

Need help with figuring out what has suddenly caused the "store" page to load very slowly i.e. based on some firefox plugins that help with performance there are 75Secs for the server to respond to the GET request for the store page. All other pages load okay (nothing stellar but okay). It only happens on the store page, so it appears to be marketpress related.

things I tried:
1) I have tried disabling various other plugins, but nothing helped the performance of the store page.
2) I looked for any database tables that need to be fixed or optimized, but the status of everything came back OK.
3) I tried gtmetrix to analyze the load time for the store page, but that times out and won't run.

This wasn't that bad not that long ago, but I do not know exactly when the performance tanked.

thanks in advance for any help/ideas.
So it doesn't appear to be database problem.

EDIT: I should also add that I did iadjust some settings on the site to see if that would also help, but saddly no:

wp-config.php changes
define('MP_LARGE_DOWNLOADS', true);
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '3000M');

.htaccess changes
php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M
php_value post_max_size 2000M
php_value memory_limit 3000M
php_value max_execution_time 360
php_value max_input_time 360

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @fmgpubs,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and can confirm the issue. I did however notice that store pages are not the only once that are loading slowly. The same applies to "404 Not found" error page as well.

That said, I took a look at browser's console and found out that images, JS libraries and CSS stylesheet files are taking huge amount of time to be loaded. This includes core WP libraries/CSS and those coming from other plugins as well (such as e.g. Contact Form 7).

I'm not saying that's not related to MarketPress but I wouldn't point it guilty yet. I'd very much like to take a look at your current setup if you don't mind. Would you please grant me a support access using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• fmgpubs
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry for the slow reply. I have granted access. Well I wasn't sure it was Marketpress, but the tool I used showed the largest delay in just responding the the initial http GET request to for the store page. I agree that the Issue with the 404 page might point to a different problem. I will keep playing with it. Just don't know what might have changed to cause this it seemed just to happen all of a sudden.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @fmgpubs,

Hope you are having a good day and you won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

I can confirm that configuration are properly setup. I tried to replicate issue on my sandbox site with same configuration you've used. But I wasn't able to do so. Having that said I am calling one of my SLS( Second Line Support ) guy to assist you better on this. Hopefully they will have some solution for you. Here I want to include that response of our SLS guys will be slightly slower than usual staff response like mine and @Adam Czajczyk's. Meantime we request you to be patient.

I hope cooperation form you dear member. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.