Store => Product List Settings => css

The store is setup and works beautifully. I did have to add some custom css to get the products to line up correctly (pixel perfect). I have the presentation set to grid, no excerpts.

BEFORE:
http://www.alexbeaton.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sample-1.jpg

Added this custom css through my Nexus theme options:
.mp_grid .mp_product_name
{
word-wrap: break-word;
min-height: 40px;
font-size: 13px;
line-height: 1.5;
text-align: center;
}
.mp_grid .mp_product_detail
{
padding-bottom: 20px;
}

AFTER:
http://www.alexbeaton.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sample-2.jpg

As you can see, we now have a min-height to accommodate two line titles and the Price pushed down to avoid overlap.

I can't figure out to get the product with "Options" to line up; price and button (see bottom center of each screen shot). It appears there may be some in-line css that I cannot override. Can you give me direction on where to look or better yet, some custom css to get the options display exactly like the others?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Merv (lzw8bk)

• aecnu

Greetings Merv,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and Market Press displaying as you desire with your theme.

Though this is indeed custom coding we do try to help if we can.

With that said lets see what we can do here.

Have you tried adjusting the css in the \marketpress\marketpress-includes\themes folder for your applicable layout? i.e. classic, icons, or modern?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• lzw8bk

Joe,
    Thanks for your quick response.

I don't think this is a custom code issue. The products page I referenced in BEFORE was out of the box and all the css classes are prefixed mp_* so there should be no conflict with my Nexus Theme.

That being said, I am able to add my custom css overrides and they work fine for "Add to Cart." All I am asking is where to look for why the style difference with products in the grid display that has a "Choose Option."

I have browsed themes => icons.css (which I have selected) as well as public-core.css and cannot find css styling differences between the button options.

I did find the html generator for the grid display for Products and am very able to modify the code to meet my needs but the styling differences are still baffling me.

I'm just a styling nut job and would like to everything lined up (pixel perfect).

The plugin is awesome!! Thanks for your guidance.
    Merv (lzw8bk)

PS: See the live sample at http://www.alexbeaton.org/store/products/
    Look at the format for "Navy Blue T-Shirts

• aecnu

Greetings Merv,

Thank you for your additional input and clarification.

I appreciate the fact that you mentioned you do not think this is a custom code issue, but listen to every post you say to me including your first post and it contains nothing but custom code or my custom css overrides, custom this or that etc. etc.

All I am asking is where to look for why the style difference with products in the grid display that has a "Choose Option."

This is indeed a great question and due to the fact that I do not know and cannot figure out myself how to modify this, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• lzw8bk

Thanks Joe,
    Custom css was a bad choice of words. My nexus theme allows me to add css to override loaded css for the theme and any plugins. I use Firefox developer tools to view css on any element. Doing so allows me to adjust the css, sometimes with !important to adjust styling. That is exactly what i did and showed screen shots of the out-of-the box "Before" and adjusted display "After" I added my overrides in my original request.

You might want to check all the support requests as there are several asking about the out-of-the box styling on the price display. I was able to override the standard css to adjust it. My additional question was about the "Choose Option" display being different.

So, there are really two issues:

1. Out-of-the-box display of price with or without excerpts and
    2. Difference in styling between "Buy Now" - "Add To Cart" and "Choose Option."

This is by far the best shopping cart plugin I have found. It works (so far).

Thanks for listening.
    Merv (lzw8bk)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.