Store user's facebook ID in wp_users

I would like to create a field in wp_users called wp_fbid and store the user's facebook id in that field as returned by ultimate facebook plugin. What's the best way to do this?

• Elliott Bristow

Hi @adams,

This would take some custom coding to catch the response from Facebook, create the new field and store the information.

Can I ask what you need to do this for, in case there's an easier way to do it that you're not thinking of?

If you definitely do want to go ahead with modifying the plugin, I would suggest posting a job on our Job Board at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs to see if one of our community developers can assist you, since this kind of customisation is beyond what we can provide as part of our support service.

• adams

Hello Elliot,

Thanks for the response.

It would be good to have the FB_Id of the user on the wp-users table instead of the meta table against each user for various reasons including for example sending out Facebook notifications using our app which they have authorised to sign-in to the Wordpress site.

It does get stored now as wdfb_fb_id in wp_usermeta table which is good to have and since it is storing there, I thought may be there's a small snippet of code I can add to make it store the same under wp_users table against each user.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.