storing information in a users account

Currently I sell 2 products to my customers. These 2 products come with schedules that my customers follow on my website. Currently i use 2 generic accounts to accomplish this. i now want to move away from the 2 accounts and begin giving each customer their own accounts that they can log into and utilize the schedules and other logged in features. I dont want them to be "Wordpress" users aka No dashboard access but I do want to be able to store information in their own user account as I develop new features for logged in users. I am currently using the Membership plugin and i use Gravity forms to create the user accounts.

I am looking for some guidance and direction on ways of accomplishing this. I am looking at giving my customers an account that they can use for better customer service and I can use to store information and sell them products that they can better use.

Thank you

• Ash

Hello @cdemz

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I do want to be able to store information in their own user account

Which type of information you want to store in the user account? Please explain a little bit.

BuddyPress has a built in feature to add extra profile field and store extra data for each users.

Also, you can create extra profile fields by some simple php to store more data for each users.

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• cdemz

Hello Ash -
    Outside of the standard information such as name, email and phone which I can already do I want to be able to store information which pertains to that specific user.

Example - Joe Smith buys "Product 1" from me today and that product requires him to follow a schedule on my website. I need Joe to be able to login to my website with his own account and once he has logged in I want him to be able to in put a start date and some other details before he begins using the schedule web pages. I want to store or associate his start date with his account.

If he were to come back 6 months and buy a new product I want to be able to see that he used the system 6 months earlier.

This is the research portion of my project where I am trying to build it correctly (or as best as possible) before i begin.

Thank you and feel free to ask more/additional questions

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.