Strange behaviour when user registers, subscription not set

- When a user is trying to register himself and uses a coupon code he has to go trough the whole process again and fillout the coupon code twice before he get the discount.
(If read this problem before but no fix)

- If the registration is 'successful' I see the user apear on my membership dashboard as
"USER has joined level Level1 on subscription Subscription1" At this point the user should have a custom user role but he doesn't. Even more awkward is the fact that when I go to the All Members page the fields Subscription, membership level, level Expires and Gateway are empty. When I manually change the subscription the user role does change.

• aecnu

Greetings richardvd,

Thank you for these great questions and bringing these significant issues to our attention.

- When a user is trying to register himself and uses a coupon code he has to go trough the whole process again and fillout the coupon code twice before he get the discount.
    (If read this problem before but no fix)

This is true and I personally was involved in the confirmation of the issue. The lead developer is working on a solution.

- If the registration is 'successful' I see the user apear on my membership dashboard as
    "USER has joined level Level1 on subscription Subscription1" At this point the user should have a custom user role but he doesn't. Even more awkward is the fact that when I go to the All Members page the fields Subscription, membership level, level Expires and Gateway are empty. When I manually change the subscription the user role does change.

Are you running any caching scheme?

Have you set the user roles in the Access Level advanced section?

Please post a screen shot of you gateway settings.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings richardvd,

Thank you for letting us know and as you will see below the lead developer is working on the coupon code issue and has mentioned they are working on a hot fix.

Here is a ticket where a lead developer has responded and given the statement that they are indeed working on this issue.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/testing-coupon-issue#post-283325

So hopefully they will have the hot fix out sooner then later.

Thank you for pointing out that everything works fine without using the coupon code and therefore we await to see what happens with the coupon code hot fix mentioned previously.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings richardvd,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.