Strange code from domain mapping plugin in head

Hi there,
My client asks what this code in the header means:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.webzenz.nl/dm-sso-endpoint/1432827029/?dm_action=domainmap-setup-cdsso"></script>
When clicked on, it leads to a 404...
I never noticed it before, hope that someone can explain.
Example: view-source:www.acaciagroenkunst.nl

Thanks in advance for helping, cheers!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

It should only be marginal, but anything extra you add to a site will always add load time, even if it's incredibly small. By default, different domains don't share sessions, it's a security issue if third parties could. This method basically lets your user re-authenticate securely against WordPress without having to do anything.

As for the 404, could you please quickly re-save your permalinks on any site you see this. Loading that url should render some JS. Sam (our developer on this plugin) will be fixing the need to re-save permalinks, his will come in the next version.

I hope this explains everything, please let me know if you still have any questions.

Take care.

• Ronald
    • The Crimson Coder

Thx, Tim, things start to be a bit more clear.
    I refreshed the permalinks, but the 404 stays (no caching applied).
    And 1 more question: I can understand when this URL appears in the head when logged in, and not when logged out, but it's the other way around...
    Can you explain that please?
    Thx again and have a nice day!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again,

We'll take a close look for you. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Timothy Bowers
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

And 1 more question: I can understand when this URL appears in the head when logged in, and not when logged out, but it's the other way around...

Sorry, just want to be sure I got what you're saying here. :slight_smile: are you saying it doesn't appear whilst logged out? Or it doesn't appear whilst logged in?

It should be there when logged out, it's looking for sessions from other sites in the network.

Take care.

• Ronald
    • The Crimson Coder

Sorry, just want to be sure I got what you're saying here. :slight_smile: are you saying it doesn't appear whilst logged out? Or it doesn't appear whilst logged in?

It should be there when logged out, it's looking for sessions from other sites in the network.

Yes, that's what I mean.
    OK, so this is not strange/should be there. Is this really necessary?
    I can visualise it the other way around as well: when I'm logged in it knows I'm logged in, so why should it search for sessions when I'm not logged in?
    But I'm a non-coder, so perhaps a stupid remark...

Cheers!!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Ronald,

Working alongside Tim here, hope you had a great weekend.

Yes, it is necessary to be there because otherwise it wouldn't be able to tell whether you are logged into the network or not. The mapped domain doesn't know whether you are just a visitor or logged in elsewhere in the network until it uses that script to check.

You may notice a slight increase in load time when you first visit a mapped domain, as it needs to refresh and automatically log you in.

However, you can reduce this short delay even further by using the "Load Cross-domain autologin Asynchronously" option as seen in my screenshot. This way it runs the autologin process in the background during initial page load and that refresh isn't needed. The only possible downside here is that if you have a slower connection then it might not run the script fast enough and you will end up getting a refresh after the page has loaded. This is rare, even more so since Sam has recently improved the SSO endpoint to be even faster.

Hope that clears things up Ronald! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.