Strange Gallery Problem – only shows one image when I try to add new image

Having a lot of trouble with a gallery on this dev site, on this page:

http://callahansign.designbyansley.com/installation/

The biggest issue is that when I try to add a new image, the rest of the images disappear and the gallery only shows one. However, from the edit screen (both in the Text tab and View tab) I can see that all the images are still there.

Weird right?

When I delete the new image from the gallery, all the other images show back up.

Also, if you go to the Products page, you can see there are strange differences in the gallery layouts. I had to style this one specifically because there were gallery-1 styles being applied to it that were not in the stylesheet.

Can anyone help? Very weird. Thanks!

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

when you say gallery, are you using a specific slider/gallery plugin ?

are you selecting images from WP “media” section ?

I get strange problems if i try to use images that have been replaced with a name that has previously been uploaded. Even if it is a totally different image but the name is the same it would not be recognised. in other words all images should be uploaded with new unique names always.

just my 2 cents,

hope someone can hep you out.

kind regards,

RC.

• ansley
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have tried renaming the image and even uploading a photo that was never on the site at all.

I’m just using default WordPress galleries, but then jquery lightbox over that. Tried disabling that, but it didn’t fix the issue.

However, before I got ahold of the site, there were a lot of gallery plugins there that I disabled. The theme does use flexslider.

Thanks!

• ansley
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I needed to send to the client, so I took out the new image which restored the gallery.

But next week I have to show them how to put in new images, and they cant without destroying the gallery.

A class of “col-3” is being added to the dl items on the product one, but not on the installation page gallery, even tho they are both set to show 3 columns.

You can see in this screenshot that firebug is detecting some styling for gallery-1 that I had to override: http://screencast.com/t/B86TUPhS

You can also see it in view source: http://screencast.com/t/eOOApQOZPcq

What the heck is that?

Happy to give a staff member access to try to add an image to that gallery without destroying it.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @ansley,

I hope you are well today.

Can you please send in:

– Mark to my attention – ATTN: Hoang Ngo

– Link back to this thread

– Include admin/network access

– Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question”, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Best Regards

Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.