Strange intereactions between [subscriptionform] and [level-visitors]

I'm using [level-visitors] and [level-not-visitors] codes to control what gets shown on a single page, and running into problems with the interaction between this and [subscriptionform]. The page is at http://liminality.achangeiscoming.net/channel2/membership-test/

When I'm not logged in, it renders correctly.

When I sign up at the Standard level, and then go back to this page, it shows me the Subscriptions page instead.

There aren't any other plugins running and I'm using the default Wordpress theme. I've enabled support access if you need it.

Here's the page's content:

[not-level-visitors]
<h5>Members-Only Content here, and so only available to people who have signed up.</h5>
[/not-level-visitors]
[level-visitors]<h5>Preview content, visible to people who are not members</h5>

<h3>To see the great content, sign up here!</h3>
[subscriptionform]
[/level-visitors]

This might be related to the other question I just asked but seems like it might be different so I'm putting them in separate threads.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

This is happening because in the membership test page you are using subscriptionform shortcode which redirects users to Subscriptions page if they the user is logged in.

Instead of using subscriptionform shortcode on that page use it on separate page and add that page link in this membership test page.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Vinod,

I hear what you're saying, but since the [subscriptionform] is in a [level-visitors] shortcode, it doesn't get shown to subscribers. So it seems to me that the redirect shouldn't be happening in this case.

> Instead of using subscriptionform shortcode on that page use it on separate page ...

No, I don't want people to have to go to a separate page.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

I hear what you're saying, but since the [subscriptionform] is in a [level-visitors] shortcode, it doesn't get shown to subscribers. So it seems to me that the redirect shouldn't be happening in this case.

The shortcodes [level-visitors]... [/level-visitors] and the shortcode like [subscriptionform] added in between these shortcodes get executed first and then the content produced by these shortcodes are protected from unauthorized user access so it's behaving like this.

No, I don't want people to have to go to a separate page.

Will it work for you if we remove this redirection developing custom code?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Vinod,

Thanks for the explanation on the shortcodes, Vinod. Is there anything in the documentation or help about [subscriptionform] doing a redirect for logged-in users?

> Will it work for you if we remove this redirection developing custom code?

It would depend how much the cost would be (and whether the other bug I reported is fixed quickly).

Alternatively, if I took your earlier suggestion and did redirect people to another page, would there be a way to get them back to this page after they finished signing up?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.