strange permalinks issue in multisite

I have a site where we created a sub-directory site called "Zinnia":
http://www.monsterecords.com/zinnia/

Later, my client decided to archive that site and just make it a page. So I created a page but noticed immediately that I couldn't of course name the slug "Zinnia" since that was taken up. I archived the site. Couldn't get the 'zinnia' slug back. Then I changed the name of the archived sub-site to something else. STILL couldn't get the Zinnia slug back. Tried a permalinks reset; didn't help.

Is there some place in the database that I'd be able to wipe out that original slug? Would much prefer to not have to use "zinnia-2" as the slug, but can't find anywhere that I can fix this from within the dashboard.

Thanks in advance...

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy @peter_harris

The most likely place to check would be the trash. Next thing you could try would be is to take a backup and run a query like this one

DELETE FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type ='revision' AND post_id = 1;

Where you put the ID of the offending post if you know it.

Cheers
    Jude

• peter_harris
    • Syntax Hero

Hmmm, how to run a query on a post that's already deleted?

But thing is... it wasn't a POST that had the "zinnia" slug to begin with... it was a sub-site. The PAGE named Zinnia was created after, so that's how it got the "zinnia-2" slug. But even after changing the subsite name, I still couldn't use the "zinnia" slug. That help explain things a bit more?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey why not just run a query across the DB for the term "zinnia" and see where its stowed away .. at that point you can make a choice on how you want to delete it.

Also makes sense checking if your .htaccess has some rewrites for the original slug

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.