Strangers Setting and positive rules

I have setup a membership level named public for general visitors to the site as set by the stranger option in the settings.
This should then give permission for strangers to only see the pages that I allow them to see. by setting the positive rules in the membership level setting for the public level.

However its allowing anyone to see any page what have i done wrong.
Should I include a tag at the start of every page as well?

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Welcome to WPMU DEV !

A "stranger" is a visitor to your website who is either not logged in, or does not have an active membership or subscription to your website.

So if you defined a rule for them, any visitor of your site will be able to see those pages.

By this do you mean, that a visitor is able to access premium level pages ?

If yes, then there is something wrong with the settings and I would request you to go by the membership manual once and re check all the rules.

Cheers, PC

• ian_mirfin

Thanks Have checked before posting sorry if confusing.

I have a rule for the strangers named public that has a positive rule for only 2 pages.

I have a rules for premium membership which has a positive rule for all pages.

When I view the website as a guest as in using a different browser. Even though the links are not available if i put the actual URL of a premium page then it shows.

Before making the public member and setting to stranger the guest was sent to an unauthorised page.

• PC

Hello Ian,

When I view the website as a guest as in using a different browser. Even though the links are not available if i put the actual URL of a premium page then it shows.

Did you protect the actual pages using the access level settings or just the menu items ?

Coz if you protected the menu items, then they will not be displayed but if you protect the pages, they should not open up

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.