strategy for multiple services, with one calendar

Hi,

Ok listen we are new to this.

We have 30 types of sonographies, 1 machine, 1 calendar, 4 providers.

Question are:

1. If I create 30 services in setting, with capacitiy 1, and with 4 providers, then calendar will work fine? in order to display all info at once? I mean, how calendar prevents overlapping if came from different 4 providers? and many services?

2. I also have an alert: One of your services is not divisible by the time base. Please visit Services tab and after making your corrections save new settings.....

but,

-default service duration is 20min.

-Time base (minutes) is 20min

-Minimum time to pass for new appointmen is 10000000

-Allow Overwork (end of day) is sse to yes.

Where is error located??

Thanks.....

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings miguelmd,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great questions and I admit that I do not know what the best advice is to give you here nor a vision of how you want it to work.

This is also suspicious to me:

-Minimum time to pass for new appointment is 10000000

With that said I am going to call in our resident expert and Chief lead developer of this plugin in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

If I create 30 services in setting, with capacitiy 1, and with 4 providers, then calendar will work fine? in order to display all info at once? I mean, how calendar prevents overlapping if came from different 4 providers? and many services?

Yes, it will work fine, but note that there will be only one appointment available for each time slot as you set capacity as 1.

A+ checks the capacity of the service plus availability of each service provider that can give that service (manages their individual schedule).

If you use service providers shortcode (which is optional) and a particular provider is picked up for a time slot, then he/she will not be available for that time slot any more, regardless of the services he/she is giving.

If no preference for service provider is done, then number of available providers giving that service and available at that time slot is calculated, individual working hours are also taken into account.

So there is a very complex logic to prevent any possible overlapping.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• miguelmd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Hakan. yes its complex but clearifying now, so to check it out:

Listen, I have 60 services, in 3 categories but in dropdown menu look if I made one Service provider will be too long to display, so I was thinking to divide 3 categories as a "Service Provider", (20 services each, in a less long list), but I need to be sure that these 3 Services Providers share same calendar....(cause all actually share same machine, and overlapping is not possible).

So, which will work best for me :

1. 1 calendar; 1 Service provider, 60 services.

2. 1 calendar, 3 service provider, (20 services each). ( this is desirable, but only if one individual calendar doesnt causes overlapping), If so, how can I filter option with many services are entered? there is a posibility to filter option in the [app_services] shortcode or similar?

Thanks.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Option 2 is not possible with filtering: There is no such a filter to display 20 out of 60 services as of now. We can think in the future, depending on number of requests. But if you mean you will reduce 60 services to 20 and provider 1 will internally be assigned to A category of services, provider 2 to B, etc. Yes, that is possible. Why don't you simply try it with e.g. 6 services and 3 providers. It won't take your 10 minutes.

Option 1 is already the default. If you think that it will be too crowded for 60 services you can categorize your services adding - or -- in front. Or you can use jquery multiselect with Filter option, which is already used by A+ on the admin side. See this demos:
    http://www.erichynds.com/examples/jquery-ui-multiselect-widget/demos/#single

http://www.erichynds.com/examples/jquery-ui-multiselect-widget/demos/#filter

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Here are the full codes to change services dropdown menu with jquery multiselect (but still with single select):

function load_multiselect() {
    global $appointments;
    $a = $appointments;
    if ( !is_object( $a ) )
    return;
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery-multiselect', $a->plugin_url . '/js/jquery.multiselect.min.js', array('jquery-ui-core','jquery-ui-widget', 'jquery-ui-position'), $a->version);
    wp_enqueue_style( "jquery-multiselect", $a->plugin_url . "/css/jquery.multiselect.css", false, $a->version );
    wp_enqueue_style( "jquery-ui-smoothness", $a->plugin_url . "/css/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.css", false, $a->version );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_multiselect' );

function add_multiselect( $script ) {
    $add = "var multiselect_options = {
    				multiple: false,
    				selectedList:5
    			};";
    $add .= "$('.app_select_services').multiselect(multiselect_options);";
    return  $add . $script;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_footer_scripts', 'add_multiselect' );

To add filter option upload the 2 files mentioned here:
    http://www.erichynds.com/examples/jquery-ui-multiselect-widget/demos/#filter
    to a location e.g. wp-uploads folder and enqueue them with wp_enqueue_style and wp_enqueue_scripts like above.

Also you can use other options adding inside multiselect_options above:
    http://www.erichynds.com/jquery/jquery-ui-multiselect-widget/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings miguelmd and Hakan,

@Hakan Thanks Chief as always for chiming in and helping get this menu coding squared away.

@miguelmd Happy to see that we were able to get your installation squared away for you with the lead developers input and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.