Strict Standards error upon activating Slide In plugin

Well, this one is very easy. Upon activating Slide In plugin I get this error message:
Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdsi_Options in /Users/trinity/Sites/patisseriejuliette/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_options.php on line 9
and this one as well: De plugin genereerde 233 tekens van onverwachte uitvoer tijdens de activatie. Als je merkt dat er “headers already sent” berichten verschijnen of problemen met de RSS-feeds of andere problemen opduiken, probeer deze plugin dan te deactiveren of te verwijderen. (Dutch) which basically says that there is an unexpected output of 223 characters upon activation.

This error keeps popping up, even when I disabled all other plugins. Pop-Up Pro had it before but that issue is tackled. Now it's in this plugin.

Would be nice if the developer takes a look at it!

• Michael Bissett

Hi @PeterEmil, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Have you tried deactivating the plugin, deleting it & then re-installing it on your site? (your slides will be preserved when the plugin is deleted, in case you were wondering about that :slight_smile: )

Also, I see that you tried deactivating the other plugins on your site, but did you also try switching to the Twenty Fourteen theme temporarily, and see if those notices come up then when the plugin as activated?

Please advise,
    Michael

• PeterEmil

Hi Michael

Thanks for replying. I was working locally with MAMP and on this local install I got the error messages. And indeed I have a clean base theme for testing purposes but that gave the same results.

I switched to another WPMUdev-plugin (Pop-Up Pro) because this one didn’t throw an error. The options of the latter are more versatile as well so I ditched Slide In for now. Pity for the nice sliding from the side, as Pop-Up Pro is more 'in your face'... bummer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.