Striking theme feature and content DIV gone AWOL

Howdy again,
Got another question....

I'm using Stiker theme by Kaptinlin from Theme forest.

When I go to view wp-signup.php or want to checkout/upgrade a pro site subscription. The feature DIV (which basically display the background of the page title) and content DIV have gone AWOL, hence the main content section of the page isn't lined up with the header and footer.

I understand it's not your theme so you don't know the code, but can you think of any of your plugins that may effect the code between the header and content section of the site.

Since I already have live sites on the multisite platform, I dont really want to start disabling all the plugins to troubleshoot until I have to :S

You can see whatt I mean here.
http://dunskii.com/wp-signup.php

Thanks in advance
D

PS. I'll add a list of your plugins that I'm using shortly

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello dunskii,

Do you remember making any changes to your site lately? Like activating / updating plugins, updating themes or anything? I suppose the site was working fine for you before. yes?

Do you have any shots of how the site used to look before? I have no clue on what is wrong here actually, since I don't know what it used to look like.

Let me know!

• dunskii
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Arun,
    Unfortunately when I started setting up my multisite / pro site system I was using a different theme (which was very basic), when coming close to completing the functionality decided to make my site look a little more fancy.
    So I'm pretty sure that its a theme issue, I've posted there as well but never hurts to ask another. As I know they'll most likely say its a incompatible plugin or the like.
    D

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi dunskii,

The problem seems to be, from what I can see in Firebug, is that your page is missing the .inner div (within the content div), which seems to have been replaced with .mu_register

You can either wrap the contents of mu_register in <div class="inner"></div>, or add the following to your stylesheet:

.mu_register {
        height: 100%;
        margin: 0 auto;
        position: relative;
        width: 960px;
        padding: 40px 0 0;
    }

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again dunskii,

Disabling wp-signup will definitely help reduce spam/splogs. Here's another thread of interest on that topic: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-i-stopped-splogs-and-spam-and-a-suggestion-for-the-wpmu-dev-folks

And I'll be keeping an eye on your other thread as I'm keen on using Gravity Forms registration on another project... that keeps getting shelved every time I sidetrack onto something else :wink: Here's a peek: http://kwitterz.com/membership/

• dunskii

Yeah, I sort of decided last night that since theres no real way for each site to be able to have there own user registration form, without it going to the main site, theres no point having the default registration form activated. As didn't want to add another level of confusion for everyone, and will probably just get sites use facebook login thanks too Ultimate Facebook. And then will probably start looking around for a google and twitter login too, and then let everyone use comments plus.

So bring forth the code monkey :slight_smile:

D

• dunskii

Well.... sort of not really, I tried the suggestion by pcwriter a few threads above with any luck.

Then yesturday while playing Shakespear and writing more of the Never ending How To guide, I realised that there is an option to disable the feature header. Though the content is still within the content width the "pretty header" is no there. So this could or couldn't be a step in some direction to a solution

Sounds like Kappy is back from the abyss of sickness so hopefully he can shine some light on what maybe causing this.

Mrarlen, just wondering if your theme has a feature header option too for setting up page layouts..?

To be continued......

D

• dunskii

Ok well pc's suggestion fixed the content width issue, though still no luck with the feature header.
    Having a propper look, seems that multisite registrations its own style class called mu_register. Found on line 36 on wp-signup.php

function wpmu_signup_stylesheet() {
    	?>
    	<style type="text/css">
    		.mu_register { width: 90%; margin:0 auto; }
    		.mu_register form { margin-top: 2em; }
    		.mu_register .error { font-weight:700; padding:10px; color:#333333; background:#FFEBE8; border:1px solid #CC0000; }
    		.mu_register input[type="submit"],
    			.mu_register #blog_title,
    			.mu_register #user_email,
    			.mu_register #blogname,
    			.mu_register #user_name { width:100%; font-size: 24px; margin:5px 0; }
    		.mu_register .prefix_address,
    			.mu_register .suffix_address {font-size: 18px;display:inline; }
    		.mu_register label { font-weight:700; font-size:15px; display:block; margin:10px 0; }
    		.mu_register label.checkbox { display:inline; }
    		.mu_register .mu_alert { font-weight:700; padding:10px; color:#333333; background:#ffffe0; border:1px solid #e6db55; }
    	</style>
    	<?php
    }

?>

I'm going to add pc's fix into a child theme so I dont forget the change on the next theme update, though I am wondering if I add mods to this mu_register class to the child theme as well, if they will be overwritten by the above function.

I'll let you know the outcome.

D

• dunskii

Ok well all is well in the world again.
    For GinaB and others who are fans of Stiking here's what I ended up doing.
    It may also help those who are using other premium themes that break on the sign up page like mrarlen
    I ended up creating a custom wp-signup page.
    I followed this for a bit of it https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-signupphp
    Then to get the header looking pretty like all the other pages I added an extra function to striking/framework/helpers/themeGenerator.php (NB: I'll get around to making a child theme, )
    I basically just hacked apart the introduce function, till it ended up like this, NB: I'm still working on it but it does the job for the time being

function introduce_wp_signup($post_id = NULL) {
    		if (is_blog()){
    			$blog_page_id = theme_get_option('blog','blog_page');
    			$post_id = wpml_get_object_id($blog_page_id,'page');
    		}
    		if (is_single() || is_page() || (is_front_page() && $post_id != NULL) || (is_home() && $post_id != NULL)){
    			$type = get_post_meta($post_id, '_introduce_text_type', true);

if (empty($type))
    				$type = 'default';

if (!theme_get_option('general','introduce') && $type=='default'){
    				return;
    			}

if ($type == 'disable') {
    				return;
    			}			

if (in_array($type, array('default', 'title', 'title_custom'))) {
    				$custom_title = get_post_meta($post_id, '_custom_title', true);
    				if(!empty($custom_title)){
    					$title = $custom_title;
    				}else{
    					$title = get_the_title($post_id);
    				}
    			}

$blog_page_id = theme_get_option('blog','blog_page');
    			$blog_page_id = wpml_get_object_id($blog_page_id,'page');

}elseif(!theme_get_option('general','introduce')){
    			return;
    		}
    		$color = get_post_meta($post_id, '_introduce_background_color', true);
    		if(!empty($color) && $color != "transparent"){
    			$color = ' style="background-color:'.$color.'"';
    		}else{
    			$color = '';
    		}
    		echo '<div id="feature"'.$color.'>';
    		echo '<div class="top_shadow"></div>';
    		echo '<div class="inner">';
    		if (isset($title)) {
    			echo '<h1>Sign Up Now</h1>';
    		}

echo '</div>';
    		echo '<div class="bottom_shadow"></div>';
    		echo '</div>';
    	}

And place the following between do_action( 'before_signup_form' ); and <div class="mu_register">

So it look as such

do_action( 'before_signup_form' );
    ?>
    <?php theme_generator('introduce_wp_signup',$post->ID);?>
    <div id="page">
    	<div class="inner">
    		<div id="main">
    <div class="content">
    <div class="mu_register">

I must admit it is a bit messy but does the job, but once I create the child theme it should be better.

Signing off.
    D

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.