Stripe checkout CoursePress / MarketPress

I checked out on my site and gave my credit card info to check payment gateway and the site froze. I did what every normal user would do after waiting for 3-4 minutes for something to happen, I pressed back button and everything went back to "normal". I am not registered for the course in my_courses, but while the website was frozen I received email from stripe that the payment went through. I logged into my stribe account and verified that in fact the payment went through and yes it did, but no course assigned.

Please advice me how to fix this problem.
P.S. please erase the Stripe_Payments.png file asap (personal info on it by accident)

• Huni

Paypal is fine, tested and works fine and enrolls into classes and redirects fine to the site again. I recently had work done for me to enable https on the site so now I was ready to test stribe for the first time, with the description above.

Sandboxing is perfectly fine. Can you do that through the WPMUDEV dashboard access or do I need do it. I personally don't no anything about sandbox testing. So just guide me if I need to do it.

Sincerely, Huni.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Huni,

Stripe sandbox is simply changed by replacing your live Stripe keys with my own sandbox keys and turning off live mode.

I did some tests in sandbox mode and the issue doesn't seem to be related to course itself since same issue was happening to me even with test product on your site.

Strange thing is that there were no Console or Network errors when I inspect your checkout page so there's nothing that could tell me what's going on.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

And try making a purchase now, this will create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Huni

Hi Pedrag, I am overwhelmed right now. I though I was buying a simple plug and play plugin for my site. I can give someone of the staff admin right to do this testing, I am not going to do it, just like I had someone else fix my ssl problems on the site, because its a little out of my comfort zone and I believe there are solutions that do not take this long to set up.

You have my email you can send me a request for admin access if you want to solve this, but I am not willing to continue testing and programming, I should be spending my time on creating content. I think Udemy will be my choice, if you do not want the admin access to test and fix the problem.

Look forward hearing what you want to do, continue or cancel. Thanks, Huni.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Huni,

We can perform plugin conflict test with support access but we don't do this without user permission since we don't know how each site will behave when all the plugins are disabled or the theme is switched.
    I would be happy to further test this with your permission but I would ask you to create a backup of your site before I continue.

We would usually test this kind of issues on our own installations but since the issue you are having is not happening on my test site it seems it's something specific to your installation.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Huni,

I did some tests on your site and after disabling your plugins the spinner is gone after few seconds on checkout but the purchase is not made, it did however showed me console error this time pointing at stripe-token.js file.

I would like to get our developers to have a closer look at this if you can send us your FTP login details.

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Huni

Hi and thanks for checking the problem out. I did buy the test course live mode. I got a recite right away and then the order is stuck on "in process" - the payment is already in Srtibe, I logged into account to verify. Everything looked really good, except that the student is not enrolled, but I received the money.

Honestly I don't have any more time to spend on setting up and finding out how to make the software work on the site. :slight_smile:
    Thanks for all the help and good luck with your future development on the plugins.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.