STRIPE gateway for PREMIUM Membership

I'm wondering where do I find STRIPE gateway for the PREMIUM Membership plugin???

Our platform is organized on Multisite + Multi-DB now it's time to install PREMIUM Membership plugin but we are using stripe exclusively, so Membership integration with Stripe is paramount.

I've seen other topics with extensive comments on Stripe integration with Membership, wondering now nothing since 2012 is happening...???

Last posting here on WPMU Dev is from August 2014 (other posts 3 yrs old with no "real" updates since) st. Please tell me if Stripe can be integrated with Membership by 6/1/2014. Otherwise I have to look elsewhere. (not a threat, just saying because I have deadlines too. I have to perform for my client.)

Thanks for all your help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Prinz,

Hope you're doing well today!

If you require using Stripe payment gateway then you will want to use our Protected Content plugin instead :slight_smile: it already has stripe support. It's a very similar plugin to Membership feature wise, but is almost completely re-written, which will allow us to add a lot of features that fans of membership have been wanting but weren't possible with Membership's framework :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

Do you already have Membership all set up on your site? We have been discussing interally a possible Membership to Protected Content importer, but it will require a lot of planning to ensure it doesn't mess with active subscriptions.

If you have any further questions here then I'm more than happy to answer them for you :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Klaus

Hello Tyler, unfortunately I am just a beginner nevertheless with an high expectation on myself to do it right from the beginning. However many explanations are confusing me and I hope I do not bother you asking you kindly please explain me your response with simple words.

1) Do I understand it right, I don't need PREMIUM membership instead I better use Protected Content plugin (has STRIPE gateway) to sell various posts and pages to different membership level (e.g. basic member, silver and gold etc.)?

2) Are the existing video lessons about premium membership entirely obsolete?

3) Do you have an advice how to start best... first setup all content then as a final step using Protected Content plugin or vs first install protected content (means withal settings) then filling my website with content?

4) Do I have to consider different steps to do on my multisite + multi-db installation?

Thanks
    Prinz

• Michelle Shull

Hi Prinz!

Membership Premium is still actively updated, but it doesn't currently have an integration with Stripe, whereas Protected Content comes with Stripe out of the box.

Protected Content works in much the same way Membership does, but I personally think it's much easier to set up and understand than Membership is. The interface is a lot more intuitive, as well. You can easily create tiered (like silver, gold, and platinum) subscriptions, simple subscriptions, content-based subscriptions, and dripped content subscriptions. For what you want, I think you only need to worry about tiered and simple memberships.

When setting up Protected Content, I always recommend that you get all your content in place first, then come up with a plan for what needs protection and what doesn't, then adding the protection and membership you decide on to Protected Content itself.

Protected Content should work fine with your current set-up.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any other questions!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.