Stripe Payment Failing in Pro Sites

Hello,

I have had several Stripe payment fail through Pro Sites. Credit cards are still valid. I have users that have had their sites for a while, but when their payments fail, their sites go down. If they try to re-enter payment with the same card, it does not work.

I also see a new option to "Attempt to Reactivate Former Stripe Subscription". (screenshot attached). How does this work?

Thanks,
Chris

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

I have had several Stripe payment fail through Pro Sites. Credit cards are still valid. I have users that have had their sites for a while, but when their payments fail, their sites go down. If they try to re-enter payment with the same card, it does not work.

Where there any errors why the payment failed? In stripe or in the Pro Sites sites management?
    Are they getting errors when they try to use same card credentials?

If you don't mind I would like to check this issue - can you grant support access and tell me which sites I need to check? You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

I also see a new option to "Attempt to Reactivate Former Stripe Subscription". (screenshot attached). How does this work?

This is used when the payments go through, but the account is not extended, so you shouldn't use it in your case.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Christopher
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Kasia

Thanks for the quick reply. The only error was that the payment failed. However, Stripe was trying to charge an older card, not the new one. The new card info does not seem to be sending to Stripe.

I have granted you support access. The site that is currently having this problem is here: http://sensites.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts&bid=27

What I have attempted to do now is completely remove the old credit card from the users account in Stripe. The customer has now attempted to sign up for a new subscription with the new card. You can see this in the Account History: http://sensites.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts&bid=27 but the site still says it will expire later today. I'm hoping it just take a little while for Stripe to process this new payment and update the site with a new expiration date for next month.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

It looks like the payment went through, in logs there is: Pro Site status expiration extended until January 14, 2016.

When member tried to extend the account, did he use new credit card information on the checkout page? Because now there are two options there: you can use existing credit card or use new one (they should see two tables).

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.