Stripe Payment Integration Question - Ninja Forms Plugin Extension or Stripe.js Method?

Hello,

I was curious to see if anyone had ever used the Ninja Forms Plugin Extension to implement Stripe on their website(s) before?

https://ninjaforms.com/extensions/stripe/

I wanted to see if anyone could advise if using the plugin extension along with the Stripe integration would have any negative pitfalls compared to just building a custom payment form with Stripe directly and implementing it onto the website using their Stripe.js integration method?

You can see Stripe's documentation here for building a custom form:

https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/forms

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hello Jeremy,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

Do you have the main plugin ( Ninja Forms ) as well? Well, if the add-on for stripe payment is already acknowledged by the devs of main plugin you might as well use it IF you are using Ninja Forms. Saves you time, energy, and money.

If you are comfortable setting up Stripe specific for WordPress then you can follow the tutorial since I am not familiar with Stripe let's hear what others will say about this :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• Jeremy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Calvin - Thanks for the feedback.

I have never worked with integrating Stripe either, that I why I was curious to get some other people's input who may have already 'been there / done that' to hear what they have to say.

The integration would be to allow users of the site to be able to register for a class. One specific requirement is that each class is capped at a maximum of 25 students, so there will need to be a way to block off a particular class date once this student threshold is reached and one concern I had with using the Ninja Form Plugin Extension for Stripe is that I may not be able to add in this added customization requirement. So just figured I'd throw it out there and see if I could gain any insight from others :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Jeremy

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jeremy

I hope you are well today.

I am not familiar with ninja form stripejs extension either. Maybe you can post a support request in their forum too, they will be able to suggest you better.

Also, let's see if any member used this integration, might help you with information.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.