Struggling to set up domain mapping

Hello,

I am trying to set up domain mapping and I don't fully understand what I am being asked to do:

Please copy the sunrise.php to /home/cluster-sites/1399/z/zakkudigital.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/sunrise.php and uncomment the SUNRISE setting in the /home/cluster-sites/1399/z/zakkudigital.co.uk/public_html/wp-config.php file

And...

If you've not already added define('SUNRISE', 'on'); then please do so. If you added the constant be sure to uncomment this line: //define('SUNRISE', 'on'); in the wp-config.php file.

I have looked in the wp-config.php file and this:

//define('SUNRISE', 'on');

isn't there.

I could give you the ftp details if it would help you figure this out for me, I'm sure its simple but It also doesn't help that I only have limited php knowledge.

Thanks,
Carlos

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @ZakkuDigital

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Please copy the sunrise.php to /home/cluster-sites/1399/z/zakkudigital.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/sunrise.php

After installing the Domain Mapping plugin, if you go to /wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/ you will see there is a file called sunrise.php. Just copy that file and paste into /wp-content/ folder.

I have looked in the wp-config.php file and this:
    //define('SUNRISE', 'on');

Then just add the following in wp-config.php before this line "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */":

define('SUNRISE', 'on');

Please let us know if that works for you :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• ZakkuDigital
    • New Recruit

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have followed the steps you set out, except I mistakenly put:
    define('SUNRISE', 'on');
    after the
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */":

I think it is working now, I'm assuming that it wont be a problem that I put it after that comment?

Thanks,
    Carlos

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @ZakkuDigital

I think you moved the line before the comment, right? If yes, then no need to worry :slight_smile:

Just don't place anything after that comment, and yes, it can break some functionality. So, always put any define constant just above that comment line :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• ZakkuDigital
    • New Recruit

Hi Ash,

I have moved the line to before the comment now!

The issue I am now having is that I keep getting the alert:

"Domain Name Is Unavailable To Access"

I have changed the DNS 'www' subdomain to the correct IP address (I did this more that 24 hours ago) but it still isn't working.

Is there another step I need to take ?

Thanks,

Carlos

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @ZakkuDigital

I hope you are well today.

Is the IP address a dedicated IP? If yes, is the IP points to the main site?

I have just checked and IP is not pointed to the main site. Also let us know the subdomain URL, mapped domain and a screenshot of the error.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @ZakkuDigital

I hope you are well today.

The IP must point to the main site. That means, when you enter the IP in the browser, your main site should be loaded.

I have just checked the IP, but this time it goes nowhere, nothing is loaded. Please make sure with your host about the configuration of the IP.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.