Students cannot login

Hi there,

As an Admin I can login to my personal account and course overview via my website and Courepress. But students cannot.

When they receive the automatic email with the link to the unit, they cannot access this.

This problem wasn't there at the beginning, but emerged a few weeks ago after an update of Coursepress.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Wilrieke Sophia,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you after the update of CoursePress pro plugin. Could you please first make a theme and plugin conflict test as described in our getting support manual (flowchart) as a basic troubleshooting before we dig into this deeper.

If the issue still persists and does not turn out to be a conflict, then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Also, please elaborate the issue a bit more, does they get any error message ? If yes then please share the screenshot or full error message here. Or its a total white screen ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Wilrieke Sophia , I hope you are doing well!

I'd like to have a closer look at the situation here, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form?

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

I'll troubleshoot your site one I receive your email.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Wilrieke Sophia , I hope you are doing well!

This issue is caused by a conflict with Really Simple CAPTCHA plugin. Once the plugin is deactivated the log-n is working well for students.

Please note that the FTP details you've provided do not provide access to essential files to make the troubleshoot quicker, files like wp-config.php, .htaccess plugins folders. So troubleshooting this issue took longer than usual.

Let me know if you have nay further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.