Studio Child Theme & Notifications don't go away

Hi, I selected the Studio child theme as the current theme. Uncommented the
@import url( _inc/css/child.css ); in style.css.
1) default.css is not found. Even the current download of studio doesn't have a default.css in library/styles

Also, I have a classifieds plugin that posted a notification when I added a new classifieds. The Buddypress Admin Bar still shows the notification count as one even though I have read it already..

Posted screen shots

• Mason

Hiya jason,

For the classifieds plugin, we have an update coming out shortly. Many things changed in the latest version of BuddyPress and we're working to update classifieds accordingly.

As for the default.css, that is only loaded when you are using the custom style options in the theme, so it doesn't need to be loaded. Line 17 of colours.css is default to BuddyPress and should be just fine as is.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• jasonnathan

Okay, that's a really weird reply.

As for the default.css, that is only loaded when you are using the custom style options in the theme, so it doesn't need to be loaded...

If default.css is only loaded when using custom style options, then why is loading for me? How do you know that I didn't use any custom style options? The file itself doesn't exist, not a concern?

Line 17 of colours.css is default to BuddyPress and should be just fine as is...

Well if you are using something like Stylizer to style your site and it throws repeated validation errors, it gets a bit annoying. Also, even if was a buddypress default file, shouldn't it be corrected in your custom themes?

• Tammie

@jasonnathan: First up default.css is a dummy method we use to load theme options it's nothing to worry about and no problem at all. It's basically a flag variable as explained before it's on because of 2 things.

1. You select under theme options preset styles
    2. You have NO preset style selected - we always advise unless using colour pickers you have one selected to avoid the confusion you are experiencing

Secondly it's a selector call nothing more nothing less not a id and class combination. Rather than explain to you CSS lets just say it is of no issue at all and leave that one there. We'd never advise Stylizer or validating CSS outside of a site you need to validate on a site and our suggestion would be something similar to textmate. However it's up to each user and lets leave this matter.

The way our themes work to ensure you get the best quality and upgrades is keep the core of BuddyPress at the center and colours.css is the colour / styling elements in this theme of those cores and the additions. We will not remove ANY core element as we try to ensure you get all the benefits of the core BuddyPress AND the benefits of our stuff on top. This ensures you get everything that anyone could want in a BuddyPress theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.