STUDIO - Does not work for me either.

Okay, so now I will give up trying to use your themes. After the fun with the Edublogs theme and now a wasted couple of hours with the Studio theme, I am speculating that these themes may work perfectly well in your custom developments or maybe only on BP, they certainly don't work for me in a relatively basic WP3.1 MU set-up.

After spending quite some time creating my slider images and uploading them, I installed and activated the 'Studio' theme.

First thing I was trying to do was remove the word 'Studio' from the header - no luck there.
Next I tried to work out how to get rid of the 'Add your link' button from the next area down - nope. Couldn't find that either.
So I then activated and configured the slider, image URLs, links and ALT text for 6 images.... Did it show up on my site? Nope.

I even added headers and text for the Feature area - I guess you know what I'm going to say next? Correct. It didn't appear on my site either.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I'd love to work with you if you are willing to get it working. Studio works as a theme it's probably something with your set up I need to work with you to get it working. I just retested myself without BuddyPress and all is fine so really like if you are up for it to work with you on getting the same for you.

Could you please if willing do the following:

1. Turn off all plugins.
    2. Tell me your install path and check it is wp-content/themes/studio/

• Martin Koss
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Tammie
    While I appreciate you jumping in to help but I have disabled the theme.
    I can confirm the install location is wp-content/themes/studio but as for turning off all plugins and thus rendering my site unusable while I play with the theme for a while is not something I wish to do.

All plugins in use are in use throughout my network (WPMU) and do not interfere with any other themes (or plugins) except for the themes found at WPMUDev. I have tried all the themes with 'sliders' (except the one that uses a flash slider) and none of them work.

This may sound a bit daft but I have a 'policy' that any app, add-on, plugin, theme, that doesn't work 'out of the box' gets uninstalled. I have that policy on my computer, other devices, websites, WP sites and so far it has saved me a lot of problems - and a lot of hours tweaking this and tweaking that and, most likely, losing something along the way and having to spend hours putting everything back the way it was.

So while I thank you for your interest, I did not get up this morning eager to spend hours in this forum waiting for 'next steps' for the sake of a theme or to render my website unusable in the meantime.

Martin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.