Studio download doesn't appear to be complete

Currently on my home page I'm getting 404 errors for a couple items:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://brushparty.com/wp-content/themes/studio/css/style.less?ver=1.0
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://brushparty.com/wp-content/themes/studio/js/plugins.js?ver=1.

Neither one of these came with my download, I even downloaded a second time to make sure.

Also, with Buddypress I have a question in regards to adding other options to $bp->bp_options_nav['profile'] (besides the public, edit, change-avatar). I've found a few hints that point to bp_core_new_subnav_item() but nothing that really confirms how I am to approach this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this.

• aecnu

Greetings Nick,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Hopefully you have had success following Dean's instructions above, if not please let us know.

Concerning the Buddy Press coding, the best place to inquire about Buddy Press coding of course is Buddy Press itself which has vast forums though their response time is not quite as quick as ours on average.

If you do not find relatively quick resolution there, I will see if I can possibly get one of the lead developers to give us some advice/advise on this subject.

However, you did not mention exactly what you are trying to do with the Buddy Press coding as indicated below:

Also, with Buddypress I have a question in regards to adding other options to $bp->bp_options_nav['profile'] (besides the public, edit, change-avatar). I've found a few hints that point to bp_core_new_subnav_item() but nothing that really confirms how I am to approach this.

What is your desired end result Concerning the Buddy Press coding?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Div Truth

Thanks for the responses. Turns out studio was installed correctly, just had a bad plugin that had some bad pathing which made the errors appear like they were coming from studio. So that is resolved.

As far as the BP question I basically intend to have another feature much like the change-avatar. Currently you can can upload new avatars to uploads/avatar/user_id and everything is stored well enough to scale with the site. Therefore I plan to follow this method for implementing a feature where members can upload other files (so uploads/new_features/user_id)

Currently by adding:

<?php elseif ( 'investor-package' == bp_current_action() ) : ?>
    		<?php locate_template( array( 'members/single/profile/investor-package.php' ), true ) ?>

in the profile loop as a first step, but found that bp_current_action() never gets set by the url string like it does for the others, and from looking at the code I believe it is because it doesn't appear in the $bp->bp_options_nav['profile']

Hope that helps make sense of my situation

• Div Truth

I may have answered my own question for the moment. In my functions.php I added this:

function bp_kidela_profile_setup_nav() {
    	global $bp, $wpdb;

bp_core_new_subnav_item( array(
    	    'name' => 'Investor Package',
    	    'slug' => 'investor-package',
    	    'parent_slug' => 'profile',
    	    'parent_url' => $bp->bp_options_nav['profile'],
    	    'screen_function' => 'xprofile_screen_investor_package',
    	    'position' => 40,
        ) );
    }

Along with the referenced function xprofile_screen_investor_package() but I do still lack some details and good documentation this so that I can full recreate the change-avatar functionality for my separate feature purpose.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help, really appreciate it.

Nick

• Div Truth

The haven't really found good documentation for either, but I do enough theme work that I can find my way around studio just fine at the moment. Buddypress seems to only have breadcrumb documentation, seems like there is never really one source of information that can be trusted and isn't outdated. I suppose some of the details that are available would make more sense if I already knew BP, but then where is an advanced beginner suppose to start.

Part of the only reason I bought this membership was to see how much buddypress support I can expect. If it seems promising compared to the never-ending search online then I intend to extend the membership

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.