Studio Theme - Add a 'stop' button to slide show?

I would love to see
1) An option to stop the slide show after it has run it's course without having it repeat indefinately.
2) A stop button to allow the user to stop it

I LOVE the theme, but when I first showed it to a friend, it made him motion sick with the constant slide show!!!

DavidM

Hiya SJoAnneF,

Hope you don't mind my moving this to the feature suggestion thread as those currently aren't available as options in the theme's interface.

You could potentially change the restart timer on this in \studio\library\components\slideshow.php on line 15. I imagine setting that at a high enough number would make it seem as if the slideshow stops.

A stop button would require a bit of an extensive addition I imagine. I'll tag one of the theme developers on this to have a look when they have a free moment.

Thanks,
    David

SJoAnneF

Thanks. I added
    hoverPause: true
    which I like (it pauses the slide if you have your mouse over it).

However, setting restart to a very high value had no effect! In fact, I tried changing it to zero - which is suppose to indicate no restart. That didn't work. I took out the option all together so it would use the default - that didn't work, I set it to 60000 (a minute) and that didn't work either! I also tried clearing my browser's cache.

In looking at the developer's site (for the loopedslider, it seems the new version is just 'slider.js'. That makes it a bit more difficult to try and fix this from the jquery plugin side. Any thought of moving to that? Or any idea why the restart doesn't seem to be doing anything?

Thanks so much.

Tammie

Currently we have no plans to move it. We will though at some point go onto slide.js. It's actually give or take a version change a name change though. We've added and updated most of the slide code as this theme has been out a while and had updates.

A stop button really isn't what loopedslider or slide.js has very well. I'd recommend looking at other sliding options if you want controls like that unfortunately.