Studio Theme and BP Groupblog plugin

Hi,

I have a question regarding Studio Theme, it was working ok in the front end. But the back end "theme option's tabs" became not functional after I install a plugin called BP Groupblog.

Here are the errors I got from the inspector

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) effects.core.js

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'ColorPicker' /wp-admin/themes.php?page=functions.php#slideone:1645

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'tabs' admin.js:4

Can anyone help me on what I should modify? Want to use the BP Groupblog plugin to allow member to have a dedicate blog for that Group.

Thank you,

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Are you on the latest version of Studio? Basically the issue is that plugin is causing a javascript clash with ours. Sadly we can't deal with all javascript used in plugins we do try to deal with as much as we can. If you can let me know what version you are on though so can compare. I can't promise we can fix it but we may be able to offer a code solution you can apply.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wmv,

Unfortunately, there will be plugins that clash with our plugins and themes and we can really only provide a certain amount of support for those situations. If you could provide details on roughly where the trouble might be occurring, we could take a look and see how to get them to work together.

That said, the forums for BP Groupblog is as follows:
    http://wordpress.org/tags/bp-groupblog?forum_id=10

You may be able to find where the problem might be hiding through the forums there. If you could give us a general idea of where a problem might exist, we'll take a look into it.

Thanks,
    David

• wmv
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I am visit the link you provided and see if I can find a fix there as well.

There temporary solution is to deactivate the BP Groupblog plugin first and then modify the WPMU Theme Options after everything is in place, then reactivate the plugin.

This is the temp solution I found while searching for permanent solution.

Best regards,

wmv

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.