Studio theme and wiki sidebar

Hi,
I have installed the wiki plugin but it shows the default sidebar (through the Studio theme). I would like the wiki to have its own sidebar. It's provided like that in the code (in the wiki templates incsub_wiki.php calls for a wiki sidebar) but I don't see a wiki sidebar on the page, nor in the widget area.
Does Studio override that call somewhere? If so, how can I force Studio to find that wiki sidebar?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @inge_teblick, I hope you're well today!

I have installed the wiki plugin but it shows the default sidebar (through the Studio theme). I would like the wiki to have its own sidebar. It's provided like that in the code (in the wiki templates incsub_wiki.php calls for a wiki sidebar) but I don't see a wiki sidebar on the page, nor in the widget area.
    Does Studio override that call somewhere? If so, how can I force Studio to find that wiki sidebar?

The wiki does not have its own sidebar.
    The wiki sidebar you see on the code there simply calls the default theme sidebar.
    If you wish to have different sidebars on the wiki pages, you can use a plugin like the WooSidebars plugin: http://www.woothemes.com/woosidebars/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• inge_teblick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have a plugin like that, but it can only implement new sidebars on pages and posts, not on wiki pages which are written on the fly or so.
    I manually registered a wiki sidebar in the functions.php (it shows up in the widget area) and made a sidebar-wiki.php, but it still shows the default sidebar. The wiki uses the regular page template I suppose, so even if I call the wiki sidebar from incsub_wiki.php it pops up the regular old sidebar. Even tried <?php include 'sidebar-wiki.php'; ?> on that incsub_wiki.php, but still nothing happens. So where DO I call that sidebar?

If I can't get a decent navigation for the wiki it's no use having this plugin. I don't want to clutter all regular pages with a wiki navigation in the sidebar.

• aristath
    • Recruit

I manually registered a wiki sidebar in the functions.php (it shows up in the widget area) and made a sidebar-wiki.php, but it still shows the default sidebar. The wiki uses the regular page template I suppose, so even if I call the wiki sidebar from incsub_wiki.php it pops up the regular old sidebar. Even tried <?php include 'sidebar-wiki.php'; ?> on that incsub_wiki.php, but still nothing happens. So where DO I call that sidebar?

In order to accomplish that you'll have to create custom templates for the wiki plugin in your theme.
    Simply copy the file from default-templates to your theme and edit it there.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

I'm a graphic designer dabbing around in php files to make things look good, but rewriting templates is something else!

Well it's nothing extremely difficult...
    Simply copy-paste the file to your theme and replace the line that calls the sidebar with your own!

If you need any assistance I'd be glad to help out.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.